An unbiased opinion on the PT Supe 'decision'

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Typical case?
Got to put in the work. Too many PT Sups think that knowing their one little sliver of the operation makes them qualified to run a sort or go on road. I made it known I wanted to not only know local sort, but preload and dispatch.

District President couldn't believe it when he was looking at my work history.

Box Ox

District President couldn't believe it when he was looking at my work history.

54948340.jpg

Over 70

And it's not just a product of ups. It's people in general. They want that instant deal.

I can't tell you how many friends jumped on that 30k a year dead end job at 22-23 because they thought they were living the good life back then.

While virtually everyone I know has been thru 4-5 vehicles the last decade the wife and I drove the same cars for over 10 years. I drove my high school graduation gift until I was 33 years old.

We put off kids so that my wife could get thru her 8 years of school. We just bought a house (a real piece of junk fixer upper) that cost less than the vehicle we finally treated ourselves to. We are paying off almost 200k in school loans in 5 years while the rest of her coworkers put them off for 20 years.

The point is since we made the unpopular choices when we were younger we've set ourselves up very well for the future. I told her last night if we stay in this house for a decade instead of the 5 years we originally planned we may possibly be able to pay cash for the 750k+ house she wants to build.

That means at 45 I could have a 3/4 million dollar home paid off be driving pretty much whatever I want and be virtually debt free. All while most everyone else I know will be paying on their 3 bed 2 bath home well into their 50's possibly into their 60's and getting new cars every 5-6 years with a $500+ monthly payment.

Sometimes following the road less traveled is very rewarding.

I didn't adopt your way of thinking nearly as young but at 32 I've been doing it a couple years and it's been paying off immensely. We make nowhere near what your family does but we will be 100% debt free with 2 decent cars and a modest house in a nice neighborhood in 5 years. It almost gets addictive to be frugal even if you don't need to sometimes.

The biggest thing is that while I used to spend money irresponsibly, I never used credit cards or took out big debt. I just spent what I had.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I didn't adopt your way of thinking nearly as young but at 32 I've been doing it a couple years and it's been paying off immensely. We make nowhere near what your family does but we will be 100% debt free with 2 decent cars and a modest house in a nice neighborhood in 5 years. It almost gets addictive to be frugal even if you don't need to sometimes.

The biggest thing is that while I used to spend money irresponsibly, I never used credit cards or took out big debt. I just spent what I had.
Yes I will admit my wife's income allows the numbers to grow quickly and makes things easier. But the principles do apply to all as you said.

Don't let me fool you we've made mistakes along the way. We bought a nice new home when I hit full scale without much down. Then moved 5 years later. So we essentially paid a lot of intrest. Would of been better off just staying in our small apartment.

The problem Is most people don't have a big plan. Sure your plan changes and adapts as things happen but most don't know where they see themselves in 5 years let alone 25-30.

No offense. ..really but...

Do you think perhaps you were helped because of your sexual preference?

Homosexual women at UPS tend to be favored. Is it true of men?

If it's anything even closely related to what you're thinking, then it's probably because gay people are, as a whole, happier and more charming than others.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
been where you are and "made it"; your criticisms are 80% accurate

there is a lot more to it, but it's not your fault UPS does a terrible job of explaining it