And in Today's Market Activity...

vantexan

After those floods this spring I thought the price would go up. Must be a good yield.
No, crop overall isn't in good shape. But demand is way down as we're being undercut by cheaper corn from Brazil as well as hundreds of millions of pigs in Asia have died from Africa Swine Fever. They can't eat corn if they're dead. And the trade war isn't helping either.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No, crop overall isn't in good shape. But demand is way down as we're being undercut by cheaper corn from Brazil as well as hundreds of millions of pigs in Asia have died from Africa Swine Fever. They can't eat corn if they're dead. And the trade war isn't helping either.
Just pray for major calamity in Brazil.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
@burrheadd invested in gold :grill:.
grillz

19a73dcfee5a4cf787183bae72862fb2.jpg

Method Mensch

I'm going to do a rickyb-ish thread here, posting what's going on in my little corner of the investment world. Was inspired by an angry old codger to do so. :)
I've moved 80% of my 401k into cash. Why? Because:

1) Average home prices compared to average income is approaching pre-crash levels.
2) The bond curve has dipping here and there into inversion, rates low across maturities.
3) S&P 500 p/e hanging around 20
4) I don't know what the fn¢k is going on

I've moved 80% of my 401k into cash. Why? Because:

1) Average home prices compared to average income is approaching pre-crash levels.
2) The bond curve has dipping here and there into inversion, rates low across maturities.
3) S&P 500 p/e hanging around 20
4) I don't know what the fn¢k is going on
Don't try to time the market, just make a plan and stick with it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Ethanol is the answer!