Anger management

CBUK

My UK equivalent to Atlanta is Nottingham. The call centre staff will tell a customer anything to keep them happy. I had a not in 1 on Friday attempted at 14.10. The customer called up and insisted on having the parcel today between 10.00 and 12.00. I had more important things to do between 10.00 and 12.00 today such as delivering my pre 10.30 and 12.00 air packages as they were time guarenteed. I then get a call from the centre asking why have I not delivered it. The customer had taken a day off to wait in for me. Now they want it after 16.00 tomorrow and the package has a huge print out of the complaint stuck on it. Just what I needed when I pulled in the yard at 19.30 today. A little note that I will get grilled tomorrow by an irate customer who thinks I just drove all the way from Belgium with just a box for them.

I cant wait for that.

Overpaid Union Thug

I usually just smash the package over their head and laugh as I'm running back to the truck. LOL. Sometimes that's what I feel like doing. Seriously...If it's something that is my fault I apoligize. If it's something that is not my fault I just tell them what they need to know. If they are right I agree and if they are wrong I tell them how things work. I'm not rude or overly friendly about it. It helps put out a vibe that I'm willing to answer questions but otherwise I'm moving on. I haven't had any complaints.

diesel96

When a customer is reluctent to sign for a pkg or pay for a cod with out opening the box and becomes confrontational,simply smile at the customer,and say I'll gladly come back tommorrow,have a nice day. Give em a delivery notice and walk away.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Ah, you guys are too nice! When I happen upon a customer who has the nerve to give me static about delivering late I politely smile and tell them i could always bring their stuff back at 4:55 p.m.

Or there's this classic scenario:

I make the delivery. Customer makes a face and says, "Kinda late, aren't you?"

I say, "Well, you're still open aren't you?"

Customer, "Yeah."

Me, "Then I'm right on time."

Personally, I have absolutely NO TIME for rude and/or obnoxious people. I've had a few customers ask me oh so politely if I wouldn't mind getting them their stuff as early as possible, and I have absolutely no problem helping them out.

Oh and then there's always this response: customer complains that their ground freight is being delivered in the afternoon. My stock response is usually If you want it here earlier, have it sent express.

Shuts 'em up every time.