Another one gone due to stupidity

dezguy

If you ever see the boot loader that loads the FedEx software, it says GPS loaded at one point. Our powerpads do have GPS.

overflowed

But it's OK to work through your "lunch" because it drives up the numbers, and there are a lot of people doing it. If management was truly serious about falsification, they'd look at some of these PowerPad entries that are 1 minute apart when the stop is a 10 minute drive. All entered manually after lunch, of course.

Just a random poll here. How many of you are still working through your break delivering/picking-up by snapping a picture of the ASTRA label or airbill and then entering it later, or by just processing the pickup after "break"?
I never skip any break. I had lunch with some coworkers Wednesday and the topic of do you take your 28 29's came up. 3 somewhat new people said they don't even take it, someone said what do you get paid? Calculation real quick told them how much money they are giving fedex for free a year . All three said I'll take my break from now on.

dex 84

Sometimes I'll put it in. If I have a half hour of unproductive time that I can account for I'll just keep that in the back of my head that if I don't have time later I'll just put it in then since I wasn't working anyway. I try to actually take it though, during a time when I could otherwise be productive but am prevented from doing so by the break.

l22

Calculation real quick told them how much money they are giving fedex for free a year . All three said I'll take my break from now on.

Exactly lol. In this business, reality is your friend. And that sounds like an obvious statement, but with so many coworkers, it isn't. Somehow people think they're going above and beyond not following the rules by working through break, driving like a maniac disobeying the laws of the road, and running to and from every stop. You have nothing to gain and EVERYTHING to lose by doing these things.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Just a random poll here. How many of you are still working through your break delivering/picking-up by snapping a picture of the ASTRA label or airbill and then entering it later, or by just processing the pickup after "break"?

There is no one else here who is as obsessed by this as you are.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That's got nothing to with it. You're just here to conceal every day problems like this. If anyone's "obseesed" it's you trying to sanitize this forum by muddying the waters in typical FedEx fashion.

And it ain't working.

59 Dano

That's got nothing to with it. You're just here to conceal every day problems like this. If anyone's "obseesed" it's you trying to sanitize this forum by muddying the waters in typical FedEx fashion.

And it ain't working.

There's one person who brings it up regularly. Generally speaking, it suggests that there's one person with whom it's an issue.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
There's one person who brings it up regularly. Generally speaking, it suggests that there's one person with whom it's an issue.
Oh I'm sure one person out of a whole nation of couriers and Canada too. Real believabull.

dex 84

The break thing bothers me too. Especially when I'm told by management not to help a certain courier and then I see that courier later putting in a break instead of a shuttle code.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I bring it up regularly because it's common practice, especially among newer employees trying to keep up. You pretend it never happens, when it's happening all the time and is wrong for about 1,000 different reasons.

59 Dano

I bring it up regularly because it's common practice, especially among newer employees trying to keep up. You pretend it never happens, when it's happening all the time and is wrong for about 1,000 different reasons.

I never said it doesn't happen, but you know as well as I do that it's not "common."

DontThrowPackages

While sitting in the break room, I saw a courier I hadn't seen in a while. Our belt is pretty long, so I don't see everyone everyday. I asked around and found out she did a DEX 8 (not home/closed) on some packages at an apartment complex and didn't go to the leasing office because she had a flight to catch (that's what I heard). Well, the a couple of the customers called to complain because they were home waiting for the packages to arrive.

End result: Falsification = immediate termination.

Funny thing is, she didn't have to DEX them. She could have delivered them directly to the office without doing the DEX on them. She MAY have gotten in trouble for not attempting them at the apartments and being lazy, but at least it wouldn't have been falsifying and would still have a job.
Rule #75: Any courier will time sensitive plans after work will undoubtably experience one or all of the following; Over max p2 and no help, bulk pup, truck break down, neighboring rte truck break down, bad weather, accident, blocked in loading dock, excess oncalls or too many sick calls in the PM.

DontThrowPackages

this sounds more like she never even went to the complex at all, never worked at any station that you had to go to the leasing office. More of a personal choice.
Right. A door tag on the their door or Security call box would shut down the customers really quick. Sounds like a back of the truck dex8......10.1.

l22

This is an important thing to care about, sir. It seems this happens far too often. If you feel the need to work through break, perhaps there is too much intimidation by management that is causing you to think you need to do this. Not that that is the only reason why a courier would think to. But with working through break, going above the speed limit/disobeying the rules of the road, and running - it seems couriers often do these things because they are intimidated by management into thinking they need to in order to not get fired. In reality, it is doing these very things that will cost a courier his/her job.

59 Dano

This is an important thing to care about, sir. It seems this happens far too often. If you feel the need to work through break, perhaps there is too much intimidation by management that is causing you to think you need to do this. Not that that is the only reason why a courier would think to. But with working through break, going above the speed limit/disobeying the rules of the road, and running - it seems couriers often do these things because they are intimidated by management/co-workers into thinking they need to do these things to keep their jobs.

That's a big stretch to assume that couriers only violate policy because someone else all but threatens them into doing so. Regardless, as has been pointed out here a million times, you aren't going to get fired for poor performance.