Another one gone due to stupidity

TeamLift

While sitting in the break room, I saw a courier I hadn't seen in a while. Our belt is pretty long, so I don't see everyone everyday. I asked around and found out she did a DEX 8 (not home/closed) on some packages at an apartment complex and didn't go to the leasing office because she had a flight to catch (that's what I heard). Well, the a couple of the customers called to complain because they were home waiting for the packages to arrive.

End result: Falsification = immediate termination.

Funny thing is, she didn't have to DEX them. She could have delivered them directly to the office without doing the DEX on them. She MAY have gotten in trouble for not attempting them at the apartments and being lazy, but at least it wouldn't have been falsifying and would still have a job.

Sure they were home waiting, I hear that all the time when apartment trash sees my final attempt door tag, they call and say I didn't ring their bell, BS on that, I do nothing for walking dead apartment dwellers, its always on the 3rd floor, they are never home, heavy as hell package, all packages go to office right away, if office doesn't take packages, tough I ride by, blow the horn and move on. UPS leaves packages at apartment doors all the time, let them have the bottom feeders.

fatboy33

I never skip any break. I had lunch with some coworkers Wednesday and the topic of do you take your 28 29's came up. 3 somewhat new people said they don't even take it, someone said what do you get paid? Calculation real quick told them how much money they are giving fedex for free a year . All three said I'll take my break from now on.
For the stations using 28-29's, do realize after 10 hours of service, an employee is due 3 ten minute breaks in a day. Multiply that by 5 days. Its 2.5 hours of paid break. Take your breaks!

fatboy33

Dano is right. You will not be fired for weak performance. Management will always find an employee who takes pride in his work and load him up to make up the balance. Take your breaks. Its the law.