Another Union member accused me of stealing from him and goes to management.

I'm a 25 year employee. Recently, a 2 month employee, a mechanic accused me of stealing his earbuds.
When I asked him if he thinks I took them, he stood up out of his chair, looks directly at me and says, "yeah I do. You've been in trouble for stealing packages before. You're a thief."
If anyone wants me to tell his BS story of me stealing them, I can. So moronic. He even admits that he doesn't have any proof or evidence that I took them and didn't see me take them. Somehow though, this lame brain is convinced I took them. He really is. If it stopped there, fine. He's the idiot here, not me. Here's the kicker though.
He goes to the driver sup in person and tells him that he knows I stole his earbuds.
So, he's apparently trying to get me fired. He did this before our confrontation and I didn't know until after our confrontation. I confront him again, this time about going to management, he has the nerve to tell me he didn't go to management.
Management isn't pursuing it, they never even said anything to me about it, until I told them we all need to have a talk. And that's where I'm at. Trying to decide what to do.

My steward says it's not a union issue. I question this though. Is it not a union issue when one member goes behind anther members back to management and lies, in an obvious attempt to get him fired?
Should I even pursue the issue?
Any advice will help. Thanks.

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm a 25 year employee. Recently, a 2 month employee, a mechanic accused me of stealing his earbuds. When I asked him if he thinks I took them, he stood up out of his chair, looks directly at me and says, "yeah I do. You've been in trouble for stealing packages before. You're a thief." Boy it took all I had. I knocked on his head (like you'd knock on a door) and said, hey genuis, if I was in trouble for stealing before, I wouldn't be standing here looking at an inbred maroon right now. The other mechanic jumped over the belt. It got heated. Really heated. He wouldn't punch out and meet me in the street, I tried. Not saying I'm a badass, but put yourself in that situation.

If anyone wants me to tell his BS story of me stealing them, I can. So moronic. He even admits that he doesn't have any proof or evidence that I took them and didn't see me take them. Somehow though, this lame brain is convinced I took them. He really is. If it stopped there, fine. He's the idiot here, not me. Here's the kicker though.
He goes to the driver sup in person and tells him that he knows I stole his earbuds.
Now he's trying to get me fired. He did this before our confrontation and I didn't know until after our confrontation. I confront him again, this time about going to management, he has the nerve to tell me he didn't go to management.
Management isn't pursuing it, they never even said anything to me about it, until I told them we all need to have a talk. And that's where I'm at. Trying to decide what to do.

My steward says it's not a union issue. I question this though. Is it not a union issue when one member goes behind anther members back to management and lies, in an obvious attempt to get him fired?
Did you actually ”knock” on his head like a door? If so, you could be termed for workplace violence. Are the mechanics in the same union as you? Here they are not Teamsters. Otherwise article 37 pertains to co workers and management alike.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I'm a 25 year employee. Recently, a 2 month employee, a mechanic accused me of stealing his earbuds.
When I asked him if he thinks I took them, he stood up out of his chair, looks directly at me and says, "yeah I do. You've been in trouble for stealing packages before. You're a thief."
So, he's apparently trying to get me fired. He did this before our confrontation and I didn't know until after our confrontation. I confront him again, this time about going to management, he has the nerve to tell me he didn't go to management.

They’re stinking ears buds... $150 at best...file a grievance for personal loss on property... there is language covering drivers if they are robbed it should be the same in building.

Management has far bigger fish to 🍳 ... sounds like a personal issue...😘 and make up..

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Numbah 1 fish 2 fry...

1665922448974.png

Trucker Clock

Boy it took all I had. I knocked on his head (like you'd knock on a door) and said, hey genuis, if I was in trouble for stealing before, I wouldn't be standing here looking at an inbred maroon right now.

UPS zero tolerance for workplace violence. You are lucky you were not terminated.

The other mechanic jumped over the belt. It got heated.

Yep. To protect the other mechanic from your assault.

Really heated. He wouldn't punch out and meet me in the street, I tried. Not saying I'm a badass, but put yourself in that situation.

Again, UPS zero tolerance for workplace violence. You are lucky you were not terminated.

My steward says it's not a union issue.

It's not. It's a workplace violence issue on your part.

I never touched him. I should of said, I went to knock on his head. Probably would have if he didn't back away.

That's not what you said. I believe you did knock on his head. That is workplace violence and he has a witness. You are lucky you were not terminated.

DELACROIX

I thought article 37 is about employee/management relations.

For a 25 year member... you don’t know much... it applies to every employee on property... let it go, even raising your hand as a gesture could be considered as threatening..

Members have lost their jobs over less, particularly now...No good will come out of it if you pursue it... trust me.. seen this before...🤫

DELACROIX

Another consideration would be if that disgruntled mechanic ever got hold of that driver's truck when it has a brake issue....

:gityasmiley:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

If this is the whole story I don't think you have anything to worry about. The company will look at you a 25 year vet and a FNG a 2 month new hire and perhaps look harder into his application if they do anything at all.

My best advice is let it go and move on ( yes hard to do ). I would be furious so I know that would be extremely hard to do. Karma will get him.

Oh, and stay the heck away from this guy. He'll destroy himself in time.

Trucker Clock

If this is the whole story I don't think you have anything to worry about. The company will look at you a 25 year vet and a FNG a 2 month new hire and perhaps look harder into his application if they do anything at all.

My best advice is let it go and move on ( yes hard to do ). I would be furious so I know that would be extremely hard to do. Karma will get him.

Oh, and stay the heck away from this guy. He'll destroy himself in time.

Late to the party again, I see. Late getting out of the strip club?

You missed the part where he assaulted the mechanic. He may have something to worry about.

AccidentProne

Well they're clearly trying to get rid of you, most likely for something you're not telling us, but that doesn't really matter. You already been accused of stealing once, now twice, they're trying to get increasing rumors and mob mentality to get everyone against you.

Your best bet would be to do nothing, stay away from them, straight up ignore them unless its needed for the job. Talk to your friend groups like normal and go on. Escalating things will make you look guilty.

But wait, you escalated it by threatening violence, acting like you're going to hit him. Now they have actual evidence to get you terminated. Multiple witnesses saying you were going to hurt him.

From the look of it, you're probably an arrogant :censored2:, which is why they want you gone. The other mechanic hopped the belt immediately because he knows you're hot head. You tried to get him to fight out in the street? You deserve to be terminated, I'm rooting for them. I highly doubt you're 25 years with this level of intelligence; 25 days maybe.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I thought article 37 is about employee/management relations.
It is. But management needs to deal with employee problems as well

From article 37:
The Employer will treat employees with dignity and respect at all times, which shall include, but not be limited to, giving due consideration to the age and physical condition of the employee. Employees will also treat each other as well as the Employer with dignity and respect.