Another Union member accused me of stealing from him and goes to management.

I'm a 25 year employee. Recently, a 2 month employee, a mechanic accused me of stealing his earbuds.
When I asked him if he thinks I took them, he stood up out of his chair, looks directly at me and says, "yeah I do. You've been in trouble for stealing packages before. You're a thief."
If anyone wants me to tell his BS story of me stealing them, I can. So moronic. He even admits that he doesn't have any proof or evidence that I took them and didn't see me take them. Somehow though, this lame brain is convinced I took them. He really is. If it stopped there, fine. He's the idiot here, not me. Here's the kicker though.
He goes to the driver sup in person and tells him that he knows I stole his earbuds.
So, he's apparently trying to get me fired. He did this before our confrontation and I didn't know until after our confrontation. I confront him again, this time about going to management, he has the nerve to tell me he didn't go to management.
Management isn't pursuing it, they never even said anything to me about it, until I told them we all need to have a talk. And that's where I'm at. Trying to decide what to do.

My steward says it's not a union issue. I question this though. Is it not a union issue when one member goes behind anther members back to management and lies, in an obvious attempt to get him fired?
Should I even pursue the issue?
Any advice will help. Thanks.
Bunch of Morons on here.

Fido

Donā€™t worry heā€™s friendly
If you didnā€™t steal then you didnā€™t steal. Ignore it and move on unless it becomes an employment issue

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Bunch of Morons on here.

Thatā€™s ā€œMaroonsā€ buddy...(Inside joke)

1666183520420.png

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Was he working in your truck and thinks he has left them in there? I have left tools in trucks before and unfortunately sometimes they dont come back, the tools belong to us not the company and its theft but I never have said anything because I have no way of knowing if it was a preloader, some other employee or the driver.

Last edited:

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Was he working in your truck and thinks he has left them in there? I have left tools in trucks before and unfortunately sometimes they dont come back, the tools belong to us not the company and its theft but I never have said anything because I have no way of knowing if it was a preloader, some other employee or the driver.
Did you ever check with overgiods people?