Another useless printout

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One of the options we have on the "reason for late air" menu is...."consignee opens after commit time/customer requested late delivery".

I was under the impression that this option was available to all drivers. Apparently not.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
One of the options we have on the "reason for late air" menu is...."consignee opens after commit time/customer requested late delivery".

I was under the impression that this option was available to all drivers. Apparently not.

The option is available everywhere but we are not allowed to use it. If you use it you end up on another useless printout.

soberups

So you're saying that it is better customer service for me to sheet the stop as closed and then go back at 4pm rather than sheet as closed and give to the driver who will be there at noon? The business does not open until 1030. Our commit is 1030. They do not want their pkgs indirected. I am nowhere near this stop at 1030. I'm sorry but I think I will continue to take care of the customer despite your advice to the contrary.

1. I think you are doing the right thing for the customer;

2. I think you are doing the wrong thing in terms of covering your own ass;

3. I think that if your management team is intructing you to record the packages in this manner you should get those instructions from them in writing;

4. I think that if Loss Prevention ever started sniffing around you would be screwed and I highly doubt that your management team would risk their own asses in order to back you up.

Thats what I think.

soberups

The option is available everywhere but we are not allowed to use it. If you use it you end up on another useless printout.

Any action I do or do not take will cause me to end up on some sort of printout.

My only concern is with being honest and covering my own ass.

No matter what I do, my management team will still find something to bitch about. As long as I dont get suspended or fired, I accept the daily bitching as a condition of employment at UPS.
I can take comfort in the fact that, as the bitchee, I have more job security than the bitcher. It goes in one ear and out the other.

QKRSTKR

plus 2. holy crap. why don't they just put it on the other guy upstate, so you don't have to put in as closed, and he can deliver 4 hrs earlier without any dishonesty. If i'm reading this right, you put in as closed maybe before you leave, and give it to other driver. YIKES! It's always one of us who takes the fall for this unless of course, you have this in writing. Cause when the smile* hits the fan, guess who's going to be covered in it.

Raw

Raw Member
Thanks for the support on this one,I couldn`t sleep at night if I did what Upstate does in this circumstance. I have no trust in management at UPS whatsoever. This job isn`t rocket science and we don`t have to enter any grey area`s. If a shipper pays for a next-day then you better attempt at their door before 10:30am, case closed,no exceptions! I`d love for Tieguy to put his 2 cents in! :happy2:

Omega man

If you enter everything in your DIAD truthfully and as it occurred you have a job for life. If what you enter does not reflect what actually happened you are asking to be fired. If you are sheeting a stop you better be at the location. Sometimes supervisors or managers try to get drivers to do things wrong to accomplish the impossible. CYA all the time.