Another View of Newt Gingrich

menotyou

bella amicizia
I would love to know what crime Clinton committed when he was getting hummed in the Oval Office? I am not talking about the lie that he told(Wow, a politician that lies. Wow, shocking), at that moment? Adultery is a given. Other than that?

I agree. Your sex life should be nobody's concern but your own. However, the Religious Right pushed very hard for the GOP to pursue Clinton, so it wasn't just the perjury concerns that motivated Republicans. Perhaps they will give Newt a pass.

I'm not so sure the religious right had so much to do with the hearings on Clinton, maybe the "religious right" did play a role but what difference does that make? I would highly doubt the "RR" will give Newt a pass. At this time they have other candidates to support. Plus, IF the "RR" follows what they say is their guiding light, they can forgive his past discrepancies and not be hypocritical on the issue. If I were Newt, I would not hold my breath til the RR supports him.

For me, at the time, it was all about the perjury and that is still my issue on the whole Bill & Monica thing.

I would love to know what crime Clinton committed when he was getting hummed in the Oval Office? I am not talking about the lie that he told(Wow, a politician that lies. Wow, shocking), at that moment? Adultery is a given. Other than that?

Not sure anyone said he committed a crime as such with the hummer(wonder what tune she was humming).
The hearings were for perjury under oath and conspiracy to have someone else do the same.
Not sure if the same rules apply to the WH as it does to the congressional office spaces, but in those the law makers are not supposed to use them for personal business. The WH would probably not have the same restriction because the pres lives there. But even it it did apply that would be a stretch to be called a crime.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Not sure anyone said he committed a crime as such with the hummer(wonder what tune she was humming).
The hearings were for perjury under oath and conspiracy to have someone else do the same.
Not sure if the same rules apply to the WH as it does to the congressional office spaces, but in those the law makers are not supposed to use them for personal business. The WH would probably not have the same restriction because the pres lives there. But even it it did apply that would be a stretch to be called a crime.
My sister's big issue is the hummer in the Oval Office.
( I don't want to know the song as I doubt I would want to listen to it afterwards:surprised:)
If he had just said, "It's none of your business.", he would have been much better off. No crime committed. But, he couldn't stop there. :sad-little:

( I don't want to know the song as I doubt I would want to listen to it afterwards:surprised:)
If he had just said, "It's none of your business.", he would have been much better off. No crime committed. But, he couldn't stop there. :sad-little:

While I don't personally have much of a problem with the act it's self ,NOMB, I do think his actions showed a complete lack of respect for the Americans that have carried a deep abiding respect for the office of the President and of the White House, his wife and marriage and for his position as President of the US . Some people have always held respect for the office if not for the man. So I can't really blame your sister for the way she feels.

Billyboy's handling of the situation made it much worse than it was and I believe his responses were ego driven, maybe rightfully so. He did get away with it all. Teflon Bill.

island1fox

mentoyou,

Maybe not a crime but what would happen to any UPS person caught having sex in a package car, a ups hub or a UPS building. Also consider the risk the President was taking while having sex in the oval office -blackmail can be deadly. We pay the President a fairly large salary --do it off our property and get a hotel after hours --yeah I know -a President is on duty 24/7 but surely he could have given up one round of golf for one round with M.L.

Also the fact of a much older man in a very strong position of power taking advantage of a 21 year old---legal age but can also be defined as abuse of power. Gloria Allred could have had a field day with that one.:happy-very: Bottom line for me -It was wrong but it is also yesterdays news. We have too much to worry about with todays and tomorrows news.

mentoyou,

Maybe not a crime but what would happen to any UPS person caught having sex in a package car, a ups hub or a UPS building. Also consider the risk the President was taking while having sex in the oval office -blackmail can be deadly. We pay the President a fairly large salary --do it off our property and get a hotel after hours --yeah I know -a President is on duty 24/7 but surely he could have given up one round of golf for one round with M.L.

Also the fact of a much older man in a very strong position of power taking advantage of a 21 year old---legal age but can also be defined as abuse of power. Gloria Allred could have had a field day with that one.:happy-very: Bottom line for me -It was wrong but it is also yesterdays news. We have too much to worry about with todays and tomorrows news.
Don't disagree with you but don't forget how Clinton came up in this thread. Clinton's fiasco compared to Newt's infidelity. Topic related.

Of course we do have better things to talk aboutm which IMO does not include GN's past in discrepancies.

bbsam

Staff member
So it's all about the "under oath" bit? If a politician lies about being a lobbyist in order to take the oath of office, it's all good? Weird.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

He did say it was none of anyones business. He tried to stop, but the right wing was not going to let it go. The ran that issue into the ground month after month. NOW that same right wing wants to complain about herman cains treatment?

Give me a break.

Newts turn is coming up. The women will fly out of the closets and sink his campaign soon.

Peace.

So it's all about the "under oath" bit? If a politician lies about being a lobbyist in order to take the oath of office, it's all good? Weird.
Where did I say it's all good? I'll help you, I didn't say that. Did someone lie about being a lobbyist under oath? Does the oath of office include saying one is not a lobbyist? Seriously, I don't know what the various oaths of office include, never needed to know. Since it's been said that Newt was a lobbyist at one time, I guess you are referring to him. Are you talking about his HoR's oath or did he have to take another one when he became speaker?

bbsam

Staff member
Where did I say it's all good? I'll help you, I didn't say that. Did someone lie about being a lobbyist under oath? Does the oath of office include saying one is not a lobbyist? Seriously, I don't know what the various oaths of office include, never needed to know. Since it's been said that Newt was a lobbyist at one time, I guess you are referring to him. Are you talking about his HoR's oath or did he have to take another one when he became speaker?
I'm saying that what difference does an oath make anyway. We all know it's wrong to lie, right? So Clinton says he didn't have sex with ol' what's her name, Newt says he wasn't a lobbyist. It's obvious both are lying, so what difference does it make? Clinton lied to try to get out of legal problems, Newt is lying to get elected. Everyone knows the lies, why is one more acceptable than the other? Is it simply partisanship?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Newt has some interesting views on the work ethics of the poor:

Newt Gingrich: Poor kids don't work "unless it's illegal" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

On a side note, I have not heard Rick Perry's name mentioned in over a week. What's going on with his campaign?

Mitt Romney continues to play it safe by remaining silent and letting his riivals self-destruct. Not a bad strategy.

A very overly, generalized characterization that defines him as different from the Democrats.

Unfortunately, it is not an inaccurate characterization for many and the MSM will jump on the many exceptions as an objection to this stance.

Overall, this will not serve Newt well if he is the nominee.

wkmac

[video=youtube;CWKTOCP45zY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWKTOCP45zY&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Very effective.

wkmac

Gingrich and the religious right

Like many evangelicals in Iowa, Steve Deace, an influential conservative radio host, is wrestling with the possibility that Newt Gingrich may be the most viable standard bearer for family-values voters in the next election. It’s a conundrum, he says, that many others are also grappling with. "Maybe the guy in the race that would make the best president is on his third marriage," he says. "How do we reconcile that?"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Newt= Unelectable. This guy is slimy enough to have a shell and climb up your front door vertically. What are you people thinking?

klein

Für Meno :)
Newt= Unelectable. This guy is slimy enough to have a shell and climb up your front door vertically. What are you people thinking?

Looks like they will choose between the moran and the mormon, naahhhh, I got that wrong, between 2 morans !

It's getting funny , that the slogan "Anybody is better than Obama" doesn't even work , anymore ! ;)