Anthony Case

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The jury got it right in this case.

This was a mutual combat situation. The guy selling buttons got himself involved in political rhetoric. A crowd gathered outside the meeting, and this guy fueled the fire by selling political rhetoric buttons while shouting at the crowd who was heckling him.

The hecklers, made fun of him, he stepped forward and away from his Button / flag stand and in an equal fashion, shouted at the SEIU members who were heckling him. Kenneth Gladney threw the FIRST PUNCH before the SEIU members cleaned his clock.

The jury, finding that Gladney encouraged the action was NOT savagely beaten or beaten without provocation.

Its a proper ruling and I hope he learned a lesson about jumping on the political bandwagon and being led to a meeting with heated and charged political rhetoric by political action committees.

In my case, in my area, the Lyndon LaRouche group were in town with their literature, stands and young men standing in front of supermarkets, post offices and libraries. ON their stands, they post large pictures of President Obama in various poses dressed like Adolf Hitler. They even add the little mustache to Obamas face.

As you walk up, they approach you and try to hand you literature while reciting some craziness about saving the country. One day, I visited my local market with three other guys on our harleys on our way out of town.

I was approached by one of the guys and as he tried to forcefully hand me some brochure, I told him very clear to move the friend* out of my way. He said " you must be one of those liberal wackos who likes the kenyan dictator". There was a crowd who were mainly dealing with the other guy asking why they defaced the president in this fashion.

In the meantime, the guy in front of me continued his attempted tirade until I put him on the ground. He attempted to get up and I put him down again. He started yelling "help, help help" "ive been assaulted", but it fell on deaf ears.

His cohort, came over and tried to defend him but my group made sure he was no threat. We let the guy get up and told him to pack up and hit the road. They called the Sheriff who came with three cars. We were questioned, witnesses were questioned and we were let go.

NO charges filed, NO arrests.

The sheriffs determined that the men were "antagonizing" the crowd and got what they asked for. They Agreed that their stand was politically charged rhetoric that was "inciting' trouble. They ordered the men to pack up and leave. I filed a complaint with the store manager along with the crowd who witnessed the event and the store then prevented these wackos from ever returning to their property.

Political rhetoric causes violence. Forcible rhetoric gets people hurt.

The case you cite is no different than my case. The guy got what he came for. A heated argument, a face full of fists and a trip to the hospital. The jury ruled properly.

Peace.

P.S.
Larouche group puts out garbage like this : http://www.larouchepac.com/node/18750
http://www.larouchepac.com/home

http://www.larouchepac.com/node/18590

Loved the part where the SEIU member screamed "he attacked America".
Which America was he referring to ?
And if this was not a work related event , just how can some one apply for worker's comp ?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
tos please explain this............

The implication that Kenneth Gladney started the fight is simply absurd.
McCowan and Molens are each over six feet tall and weigh north of 200 pounds.
Gladney is a cancer survivor who’s about 5′ 6″ and weighs about 130lb.

And McCowan is a Baptist minister , who clearly did not turn the other cheek.

THe jury was clear. Gladney pushed the first man and threw the first punch. After that, the bigger man put him on the ground.

Case closed.

He came looking to promote political rhetoric and got a face full of fist.

NOT GUILTY.

Just as in my case. Political action committees get people to do stupid things. They interfere in the everyday travels of people, sometimes they take that rhetoric too far and end up on the ground holding their chins crying for the sheriff.

Unfortunately, once the instigate the trouble, their crying falls on deaf ears.

Goon tactics? I dont think so. Insult my president and call me a fascist, then you have a date with a beatdown. Its that simple.

Peace.

THe jury was clear. Gladney pushed the first man and threw the first punch. After that, the bigger man put him on the ground.

Case closed.

He came looking to promote political rhetoric and got a face full of fist.

NOT GUILTY.

Just as in my case. Political action committees get people to do stupid things. They interfere in the everyday travels of people, sometimes they take that rhetoric too far and end up on the ground holding their chins crying for the sheriff.

Goon tactics? I dont think so. Insult my president and call me a fascist, then you have a date with a beatdown. Its that simple.

Peace.
As we have seen recently, NOT GUILTY verdicts don't always coincide with the facts and translate to INNOCENT. Being the big union supporter that you are, I can see where you may be a bit biased.

You say Gladney pushed the the bigger man and threw the first punch so he stated the fight. Right? Could it possibly be closer to your event and Gladney was being encroached on by the bigger man being in his face, but Gladney just wasn't big enough to do what you did.

Unless I'm mistaken denying a person of their Right to Free Speech with a beat down is in fact a fascist goon tactic.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
tos , I must in drop a dime to the mods here.
"Just as in my case. Political action committees get people to do stupid things. They interfere in the everyday travels of people, sometimes they take that rhetoric too far and end up on the ground holding their chins crying for the sheriff.

Goon tactics? I dont think so. Insult my president and call me a fascist, then you have a date with a beatdown. Its that simple."

Your words are not in compliance with this site's guidelines.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
"He came looking to promote political rhetoric and got a face full of fist."
NO video exist of who throw the first punch, unless you are claiming to have been there ? So how can you state that the victim started the fight ?
His claim has always been he was there trying to earn some $$, selling buttons to the crowd. After all it was a peace rally , not a union rally.
Could it have been just like your incident, two SEIU members got in his face and beatdown a smaller man ?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"He came looking to promote political rhetoric and got a face full of fist."
NO video exist of who throw the first punch, unless you are claiming to have been there ? So how can you state that the victim started the fight ?
His claim has always been he was there trying to earn some $$, selling buttons to the crowd. After all it was a peace rally , not a union rally.
Could it have been just like your incident, two SEIU members got in his face and beatdown a smaller man ?

These arent MY CLAIMS, they are the jury's claims. THe video I posted clearly shows GLADNEY pushing the first man to the ground then immediately afterwards the bigger SEIU man tosses GLADNEY to the ground and and its over. GLADNEY gets up and walks back to where he was originally.

If Gladney had not left the position where he was standing originally, and these men pulled him or "relocated" him, then he has a case, BUT Gladney walked towards the men because he was involved in heckling back to the crowd, confronted the first man, hit and then shoved the man to the ground and was then placed on the ground himself by a bigger man.

There are those that want to make this out like GLADNEY was an innocent victim of two SEIU thugs and they gave him a beatdown, the video I posted clearly refutes that claim.

I am not saying that violence is right, what I am saying is that political rhetoric that is being used in todays electorate is way too heated and when there are organized protests with two sides and heated political rhetoric, chances are high that someone is going to get a face full of fists.

This is a recipe for violence. Its that simple.

Your claim that it was a PEACE RALLY is nonsense. The tea party in that town organized a group of people to come and disrupt a town hall meeting with shout downs, heckling and taunting.

Once it got out of control, all bets were off.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, I don't remember anybody named Gladney in the Anthony case. Maybe we can morph this into the Manson trial and TOS can tell us how Charlie is reformed now and should be free !!

These arent MY CLAIMS, they are the jury's claims. THe video I posted clearly shows GLADNEY pushing the first man to the ground then immediately afterwards the bigger SEIU man tosses GLADNEY to the ground and and its over. GLADNEY gets up and walks back to where he was originally.

If Gladney had not left the position where he was standing originally, and these men pulled him or "relocated" him, then he has a case, BUT Gladney walked towards the men because he was involved in heckling back to the crowd, confronted the first man, hit and then shoved the man to the ground and was then placed on the ground himself by a bigger man.

There are those that want to make this out like GLADNEY was an innocent victim of two SEIU thugs and they gave him a beatdown, the video I posted clearly refutes that claim.

I am not saying that violence is right, what I am saying is that political rhetoric that is being used in todays electorate is way too heated and when there are organized protests with two sides and heated political rhetoric, chances are high that someone is going to get a face full of fists.

This is a recipe for violence. Its that simple.

Your claim that it was a PEACE RALLY is nonsense. The tea party in that town organized a group of people to come and disrupt a town hall meeting with shout downs, heckling and taunting.

Once it got out of control, all bets were off.

Peace.

Wrong, when the video you posted starts the guy in the blue short is already on the ground. It does NOT show how he got there.

Is there a link to a story different than the one originally posted? Where is there any proof, since the video doesn't show how the goon got put down, that Gladney threw the first punch?

It looks pretty obvious to me that most, if not all, the people in that vicinity are with the the two SEIU members, not what I would call an unbiased group of witnesses.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wrong, when the video you posted starts the guy in the blue short is already on the ground. It does NOT show how he got there.

Is there a link to a story different than the one originally posted? Where is there any proof, since the video doesn't show how the goon got put down, that Gladney threw the first punch?

It looks pretty obvious to me that most, if not all, the people in that vicinity are with the the two SEIU members, not what I would call an unbiased group of witnesses.

Well I agree, the man on the ground is already there when the video captures the rest of it, but testimony proved the button seller(slash)victim punched the man on the ground in the shoulder and then shoved him to the ground. The larger SEIU man, then tosses the button seller to the ground.

The jury viewed it the same way and ruled along that line.

I agree, political rhetoric was being spewed on both sides, and at each other. Situations always get out of control when stuff like this happens. The button salesman should have stayed where he was but instead took his rhetoric into the face of his potential assaulters.

In the heat of the moment, all parties made the wrong decisions. Same in my case, the Larouche guy forced himself into my path, made verbal condesending remarks about the president of the United States and myself, connected the two and despite being told to move aside, he persisted and in that moment I chose "reposition" him.

At the end of the day, violent political rhetoric is what todays politics has shrunk to. Indeed, it can be a motivator for political purposes, but it gets people hurt.

The Gladney case is over, the facts were spelled out and the Tea Party victim was unable to prove his case. Maybe he learned a lesson from the experience.

Peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Gladney case is over, the facts were spelled out and the Tea Party victim was unable to prove his case. Maybe he learned a lesson from the experience.

Peace.

Lesson learned; hire the best lawyer that only a union could afford and always pack the courthouse with only your supporters.

I wonder if according to your story , if the button seller might have grounds for a civil damages trial ? After all the second SEIU member was not attacked , but was the attacker.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Chouteau Clerk Mistaken For Casey Anthony Attacked With Minivan
15084225_BG2.jpg
Blackwell's truck after Nalley allegedly rammed it from behind.
15084225_BG3.jpg
Shireen Nalley's van after she allegedly slammed into Blackwell's vehicle.
15084225_BG4.jpg
Shireen Nalley appeared to be "severely impaired on an unknown drug," police say.
Sammay Blackwell , has daughter is also named Caylee, works at a convenience store in Chouteau and said Shireen Nalley came in that night around 10 p.m. and looked strange, very suspicious, then left after buying gas.

"I proceeded to pull out of the parking lot, and she was right behind me," Sammay said.
Blackwell drove a few miles and says Nalley suddenly rammed her van into the back of Blackwell's truck.

She then pulled into a parking lot to get away.
"She hit me again, causing my vehicle to flip two and a half times, landing on the driver's side, and I just laid there playing dead," she said.
Blackwell's mother says she'll never forget her daughter's reaction.
"I got to her, she was crying, she was shaking, she says, 'Mama, this lady thinks I'm Casey Anthony and she tried to kill me," her mother said.

Police chased Nalley for a while and finally arrested her for assault and battery with a deadly weapon. Nalley told police she was "trying to save the children."
"She said that I was trying to hurt babies, I was killing babies and she was going to stop it before it happened again,".
She's in the Mayes County Jail on a $25,000 bond. Sammay Blackwell wants to get a restraining order against Nalley. Blackwell also says she's struggling with Nalley's car insurance right now and claims the company won't cover the damage if Nalley hit her on purpose.

wkmac

MIAMI — Assertions by the prosecution that Casey Anthony conducted extensive computer searches on the word “chloroform” were based on inaccurate data, a software designer who testified at the trial said Monday.
The designer, John Bradley, said Ms. Anthony had visited what the prosecution said was a crucial Web site only once, not 84 times, as prosecutors had asserted. He came to that conclusion after redesigning his software, and immediately alerted prosecutors and the police about the mistake, he said.

Was Casey Anthony prosecuted with inaccurate data?

If what the "expert" is saying now is true then yea she was, however I can't see where it hurt her. I understand the possible ramifications of this if the verdict had gone the other way. A new trial would have followed, justifiably. I can see why the prosecution would blow off the info from more than one perspective. one would be that 84 searches or 1 search shows the same interest. the other, bringing it to light during the trial would bring into doubt any of the "experts" testimony and a re-trial would rectify the error. I can also see the prosecutor getting a wrist slap for not bring it forward. Anthony is free, I see a " no harm, no foul" situation.

bbsam

Staff member
Might be no harm no foul in court, but the actual facts could have lessened the public outrage and death threats. I have looked up medieval torture on the net but that doesn't mean i'm going toentomb somebody in an" iron maiden"

Might be no harm no foul in court, but the actual facts could have lessened the public outrage and death threats. I have looked up medieval torture on the net but that doesn't mean i'm going toentomb somebody in an" iron maiden"

Oh, I've looked up things that wouldn't sound good in court either, I think most people have. I bet at least one person on the jury made that statement during deliberations.
I really doubt that even without the computer searches even being mentioned the public out cry wouldn't be any different than it is now. IMO, the actual facts of the case would have her on death row.

Although, if the authorities found your wife dead, in an iron maiden, the jury would think something was up. just sayin'.

I seem to remember the prosecutor playing down the number of 84, he said something like even one search for chloroform was telling enough. Probably trying to cover his butt if the info became public.