anti-management

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There seems to be a group of folks on this board that is very anti-management. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I don't take that sentiment personally. My question is where did the anti-management sentiment come from? It seems like no matter what we say or what issue we talk about, someone finds an opportunity to knock us. Were there bad experiences? Do you generally not trust management? ...did you ever? I don't mean to sound like a shrink, but I'm really curious.

The second question relates to the Union itself. Whether you call them leaders or managers, there is a group of people that run the Union, right? Do you trust them? Do you question them as much as UPS management? Do you feel they look out for your best interest no matter what and don't deserve to be questioned about things such as dues or political contributions? Do you know how much they all make in Salaries?
I wonder how the answers to the second question have changed

Indecisi0n

noentrysign.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ah its good to hear my brothers and sisters of the evil empire are upholding the fine traditions of the demon seed.
pimp.gif

I would perhaps offer more insight into this sordid state of affairs but alas my horns and pitchfork requiring their weekly sharpening.
You were in feeder mgt buddy..... totally different than being in a pkg center.....you should know this, right @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U ???

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There seems to be a group of folks on this board that is very anti-management. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I don't take that sentiment personally. My question is where did the anti-management sentiment come from? It seems like no matter what we say or what issue we talk about, someone finds an opportunity to knock us. Were there bad experiences? Do you generally not trust management? ...did you ever? I don't mean to sound like a shrink, but I'm really curious.

The second question relates to the Union itself. Whether you call them leaders or managers, there is a group of people that run the Union, right? Do you trust them? Do you question them as much as UPS management? Do you feel they look out for your best interest no matter what and don't deserve to be questioned about things such as dues or political contributions? Do you know how much they all make in Salaries?
I have seen some really good sups in my time, and some real scum.

Dr.Brownz

Management did it to themselves when they shave 15 minutes off your time card to keep you under 9.5. Management did it to themselves when they lie to new drivers about when they can take lunch and breaks
Management did it to themselves when they try to claim 8 hour requests are "8.5 hour requests"
Management did it to themselves when they cut routes while making record profits
Management did it to themselves when they try to intimidate drivers into not using sick time
Management did it to themselves when they......(Lied about any number of things)

Yeah union leadership is probably corrupt too but at least I can threaten to have them voted out and they will be brought up on labor board charges if they are bad enough

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Seeing as how I am in management, I would have to say that I like me...but I'm sure there are others who don't.

Good questions though...
I think it varies from hub to hub. I am on the anti management side, not because I'm against the man MAN! But because they have time and again proven their lack of ability to run a well oiled machine. They fly by the seat of their pants, screw things up all the time, too few employees listed to work, not enough equipment for preloaders, selective enforcement of certain rules and regs at their convenience. A lack of respect for their employees. I think of all the management at my hub there are only two people I genuinely like and give respect to.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Holy :censored2:, i didnt even look at the age of this, 2005?! I feel like a dick trying to give a well thought out argument haha. I was awful suspicious why no profile had a picture.