Any automotive mechanics!!!!!!

WhereDoIWorkAgain

It's kind of ridiculous to see the trucks being worked on... They put them up on Jack stands... that literally have the truck maybe 1 inch higher than it would be if it were sitting on the ground...

Which is fine really you don't need a huge ammount to get the wheels off of them, and you don't really want to have one end up in the air. The point would be to get the weight of the truck off of the suspension and drive elements in those cases.

mook8809

The four year progression is for Teamsters. You'd be in the Machinist Union so your language is different.
the four year progression information i actually recieved it from the supervisors during the interview. i dont think all mechanics are under the machineist union, but then again i dont really know they were never clear about what union actually took care of the mechanics in my area.

FilingBluesFL

Which is fine really you don't need a huge ammount to get the wheels off of them, and you don't really want to have one end up in the air. The point would be to get the weight of the truck off of the suspension and drive elements in those cases.

Right, I get that (do my own crap to my own cars) but when they do it for something completely non wheel/tire/brakes/suspension I giggle a bit for some reason...