Any Baseball fans on here?

oldngray

nowhere special
They have a lot of home grown talent on their roster ......which is a switch from years gone by

Yeah they usually buy talent instead of using their farm teams. Their AAA team used be here and had several major league quality players the Yankees kept stockpiled. Its now an Indians farm and still has some pretty good players but not as good as it used to be.

Future

Victory Ride
Yeah they usually buy talent instead of using their farm teams. Their AAA team used be here and had several major league quality players the Yankees kept stockpiled. Its now an Indians farm and still has some pretty good players but not as good as it used to be.
From what I have read ... the Yanks AAA team ... has some gems on it ...due too make the leap to the bigs soon

Future

Victory Ride
We had the Indians farm team for years..... some how ended up with the Blue Jays ...not too long ago

oldngray

nowhere special
We had the Indians farm team for years..... some how ended up with the Blue Jays ...not too long ago

This is why I find it hard to care. Local farm has gone through 4 owners (Pirates, Yankees, Nationals, and Indians) so its hard to develop team loyalty. They win their championship more often than not but its just a who cares stat.

oldngray

nowhere special
Racist but commonly used in Cuba where he's from. Slang for all Asians but I don't know how racist they consider it there.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
It wasn’t just the gesture—he mouthed the word “Chinitos”, which literally means “little Chinese”.
Seems endearing. I'm betting Darvish has been called a lot worse. And it's just an encompassing term for asians in the Latin world. Just like everyone north of Mexico is a Gringo or Gringa.

floridays

Seems endearing. I'm betting Darvish has been called a lot worse. And it's just an encompassing term for asians in the Latin world. Just like everyone north of Mexico is a Gringo or Gringa.
To many people with thin skin. Not many nutz in sacks these days, give um ten years we'll all be neutered.

542thruNthru

Congratulations Astros.
tenor-1.gif