Any Baseball fans on here?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
915F59DA-B851-4126-9C68-C11477CF9CD3.jpeg
Pine tar, was sticky, we used it on our bats though.
I don't know how old you are, but do you remember when you looked as young as him? Nice picture brother, thanks.

15 years old all I cared about was baseball

One of the first kid traveling teams
In the country played all over the Midwest

Coach was a Cuban Dr that played professionally before Castro. His family had money so they got out

The man new more about the nuances of baseball than anybody I’ve ever met

His assistant was a big shot in the national guard We would travel on army busses that enlisted men drove as part
Of their 2 week training in the summer

Stayed in barracks at military bases ate at the chow hall did our own laundry be out for a week or 2 at a time
Best 2 summers of my life

Sad but it could never happen today

floridays

View attachment 219652

Coach was a Cuban Dr that played professionally before Castro. His family had money so they got out

His assistant was a big shot in the national guard We would travel on army busses that enlisted men drove as part

Stayed in barracks at military bases ate at the chow hall did our own laundry be out for a week or 2 at a time

What you just posted was one of the best things I've read in a long time.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lighten up tough ass, your avatar. I was messin with you. Middle infielder?

Lefty the old Cuban had stats way before anybody else even thought about it

He had calculated how many outs a left handed first baseman could save him over a season

Never played any other position

floridays

Lefty the old Cuban had stats way before anybody else even thought about it

He had calculated how many outs a left handed first baseman could save him over a season

Never played any other position
I saw you were a lefty hitter, I enjoyed posting with you, you've got some great memories. Take care country club.:thumbup1:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
View attachment 219652

Awesome story !!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Went to the game. Dodgers had a 4-0 lead and blew it. I blame the micro managing mainly of the pitchers by Dave Roberts. Give them a chance, idiot.

Oh well, Dodgers in 7.:teethy:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Greatest all time all around ball player

Hands down
Willie Mays
agree.

Stan "The Man" Musial and Jackie Robinson is up there.

Mays did everything well.what are the 5 things?, Hit , Hit with power , run the bases , throw, not sure if it's field or something else.

and he made the greatest catch in baseball history. side note; he was on deck when Bobby Thompson hit "the shot heard round the world"

floridays

agree.

Stan "The Man" Musial and Jackie Robinson is up there.

Mays did everything well.what are the 5 things?, Hit , Hit with power , run the bases , throw, not sure if it's field or something else.

and he made the greatest catch in baseball history. side note; he was on deck when Bobby Thompson hit "the shot heard round the world"
I like you. A girl that likes baseball.