Any Baseball fans on here?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Stan the man was a better hitter than Yaz , no doubt , but Yaz was a great defensive player and also hit over .350 in two loosing WS , also he probably had one of the single greatest seasons of any player all time in 1967 with clutch hits and that glove , most likely would have won Ws if Tony Conigliaro didn’t get hurt , what a tragidy that was !!!
When Tony got hurt , all of New England was stunned.

he was Boston's favorite son. just a shame. the career he would have had.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
baseball is a great game no matter who your favorite player team or time was ,, it brings up friendly banter and bonding with your father , clearly observed in Field of Dreams when Ray has a Catch with his dad , who wouldn’t want to go back and have one more game of catch with your father. If that didn’t choke you up a bit ,, you just don’t get it !
going to games with my Dad at Fenway was one of the highlites of my life. would kill to do that one more time.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
When Tony got hurt , all of New England was stunned.

he was Boston's favorite son. just a shame. the career he would have had.
I was only 3 in 67 , but I know all about it , I saw Tony C in 75 in his comeback with the Sox , my uncle took me to many games , I got to see Tony hit a homer , only 11 but what a thrill

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I really think that Tony C would of been a far better hitter than Yaz if he wasn’t hit that day , that one pitch eventually killed him , years later he had a few strokes and died on way to airport of a massive heart attack , he was coming going to an interview for RedSox tv color anylist

floridays

I really think that Tony C would of been a far better hitter than Yaz if he wasn’t hit that day , that one pitch eventually killed him , years later he had a few strokes and died on way to airport of a massive heart attack , he was coming going to an interview for RedSox tv color anylist
Very sad and tragic.