Any Baseball fans on here?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How is everyone enjoying baseball’s new rules? Double headers are now 7 innings, and the man on second in extra innings really bothers me.

Carlos Rodin, so close, should the batter have made a better attempt to not get hit?
I’m pretty much done. Manfred has destroyed the game.

I haven’t seen the HBP in the no hitter but this was discussed after a recent strike/hbp in a Mets game.

There’s already a rule in place the umpires just have to enforce it. Batter must attempt to get out of the way. I will say I’ve faced 96-97. Get out of the way is easier said than done.

Brownslave688

Double headers 7 innings was fine last year. You had a ton of make up games. Permanently I don’t like it. Do guys get credit for complete game? Perfect games? No hitters? For throwing 7?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I agree with keeping baseball the same. It’s the only sport that can even come close to comparing players from different eras. Changing rules and such just makes this go away. The timelessness of it will be destroyed. A lot of times, rules changes just lead to more problems. Look at NHL for example. Take out the two line pass and we’ll get more offense. Nope, now we just put the fastest skaters on D and scoring is generally down compared to 80’s Hockey.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My great grandfather. Huntington grounds Boston , World Series ,Boston PD doing a detail , before Fenway was even built ,,, He saw 9 inning games , was good enough for him ,, I want my 9 inning games as well !
351C38CF-8EF5-4004-A144-6E9C7C5CD097.png

Brownslave688

I agree with keeping baseball the same. It’s the only sport that can even come close to comparing players from different eras. Changing rules and such just makes this go away. The timelessness of it will be destroyed. A lot of times, rules changes just lead to more problems. Look at NHL for example. Take out the two line pass and we’ll get more offense. Nope, now we just put the fastest skaters on D and scoring is generally down compared to 80’s Hockey.
Do away with offsides in hockey. But the real problem is goalies cover 95% of the goal and don’t have to move.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
How is everyone enjoying baseball’s new rules? Double headers are now 7 innings, and the man on second in extra innings really bothers me.

Carlos Rodin, so close, should the batter have made a better attempt to not get hit?
It's stupid !!!!!!!!
Why change what generations have loved
I get the DH , but leave our Efn American classic alone !!

floridays

You talking about the pickle! Lol

What a idiot!
There is no pickle, there was no base to return to that was previously occupied. The first baseman didn't know how many outs there were and he knew the runner on second broke and was running full steam.
You take two or three steps to the bag, end of the top half.