Any CCW people out there?

brett636

Just checking if there are any fellow gun enthusiasts in here. I'm going to head to my local shop and pickup a used Springfield XD 45 ACP. Its just too good a deal to pass up on a good carry weapon, and it will be my first real gun. So what do you carry and or own? :)

XD................HK.....................Glock

Last edited:

brett636

30andout said:
Do you know all the cc laws, I'm in Ohio and there are more places you cannot carry than there are you can.

I'm not fully versed in all the laws, but from what I have read about the only places you cannot carry a CCW are in all goverment buildings like courthouses, schools, police stations, etc. Same goes for airports and the state fairgrounds. Everywhere else I believe you can legally carry a weapon.

30andout

brett636 said:
I'm not fully versed in all the laws, but from what I have read about the only places you cannot carry a CCW are in all goverment buildings like courthouses, schools, police stations, etc. Same goes for airports and the state fairgrounds. Everywhere else I believe you can legally carry a weapon.
Brett don't forget also all those places you see prohibited signs posted. I know a few guys who got cc permits and said its not worth the hassle.

brett636

30andout said:
Brett don't forget also all those places you see prohibited signs posted. I know a few guys who got cc permits and said its not worth the hassle.

Yea, I know of malls and various stores that have those signs posted. Honestly the worst they will do is ask me to leave, and the weapon will be concealed anyways so what they don't know won't hurt them. All I am concerned with are places where I could be sent to jail for having a gun on me.

30andout

I know a guy who let his show a little in a grocery store and some lady saw it, he was arrested for creating a pannick.:w00t:

over9five

Staff member
Just checking if there are any fellow gun enthusiasts in here. I'm going to head to my local shop and pickup a used Springfield XD 45 ACP. Its just too good a deal to pass up on a good carry weapon, and it will be my first real gun. So what do you carry and or own? :)

Comparison.gif

XD................HK.....................Glock

And how has that Springfield worked out? Is it still your main carry gun?
I've gone back to a .45. Still have the Beretta, but I like how my Ruger carries better.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
S&W 9mm with a couple of 380 Backups.

4 Mossberg 500 Cruiser 12 gauge shotguns around the house with 00 and Sabot slug alternating loads.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have a Ruger 9mm, a Colt 45 (1911) and a Thompson 45 (1911). I like my Ruger because it's double action but I love the weight of the 45's.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I sold all mine except for the muzzle loader a 50 Caliber Hawken. My favorite was a custom 243 Mauser with a Leoupold Variex Scope ,shot 80 grain hollowpoints and was dead on at 300 yards. Also had a pre '64 Winchester model 70 30-06 Had a couple of pump 12 gauges Remington 870 and a Browning that shot 3" mags . My daughter the police women was thinking about getting a small "pink" glock for her off duty weapon. Silly her.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I usually carry a Glock 26 with a +2 mag extension, in an IWB holster in the small of my back. If its hot outside or weight is an issue, I will switch to a Ruger LCR airweight hammerless .38 snub in a Galco pocket holster that drops right into my front pocket. My favorite handgun is my S&W M-66 stainless .357 with a 2 1/2" barrel, but it is too heavy and bulky for concealed carry and is thus a safe queen.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I usually carry a Glock 26 with a +2 mag extension, in an IWB holster in the small of my back. If its hot outside or weight is an issue, I will switch to a Ruger LCR airweight hammerless .38 snub in a Galco pocket holster that drops right into my front pocket. My favorite handgun is my S&W M-66 stainless .357 with a 2 1/2" barrel, but it is too heavy and bulky for concealed carry and is thus a safe queen.

Dirty Harry !!!