Any drivers complete recent DIAD training on NDA disposition?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Had an entire block cordoned off for a bomb threat a few months ago. Went to sheet EC and it was gone. Had some serious rain and water was going over the hood of my 7 recently. Turned around and went for EC. Still gone. Apparently in my area there are no excuses for missed pieces

barnyard

KTM rider
Several years ago, I suggested that UPS could see itself charged with interstate fraud by encouraging drivers to sheet a business as closed to avoid a late NDA and therefore not having to pay a refund for late NDA.

We have routes in my center that routinely have late NDA. Areas that used to be noon OCL are now 10:30. Some of those are right next to areas that are end of day NDA commit. Combine that with leaving the building later and later and of course we have more late NDA.

Have to sheet it honestly.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Nothing new the way I have been doing it. If you feel you have to much air, tell your sup, simple. This puts it on them to do their job, manage it.

kingOFchester

Nothing new the way I have been doing it. If you feel you have to much air, tell your sup, simple. This puts it on them to do their job, manage it.

Take it a step further, any issues I see or foresee, I tell the sup prior to leaving and also send message to center before pulling from building.

CYA.

cino321

If you sheet NDA anywhere but where you are delivering it you are out of your mind. Especially if you sheet the package and then drive to the location for the sake of not having late air.

What I found most interesting is the information about using "security" and reattempts on EAM packages.

-"Security" can no longer be used if you are aware that everyday at the customers location you will encounter security procedures. For instance a civil or federal building with metal detectors.

-EAM packages must now be reattempted within a hour of commit time on the same DIAD. If your center team gives you a EAM that was attempted on time by another driver to deliver when you get on your route you may no longer use "A" to sheet it as requested late.

Both of these are two major contradictions from what our entire building has been told for years.

PT Car Washer

Must have missed the point of EAM's being reattempted on the same DIAD. Does that mean the EAM drivers on Sat. can't just do a drive by and bring them back to the building for regular driver to deliver?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
And we had to pull and fill out every next day and second day tracking label with the time and receivers name.

Package car drivers have it so EASY now.
yes they do,, automatics, air vents,shorts,power steering,No cash cods,Diad tells them how many stops light weight hand carts ....thinking of going back, I'm so jealous !!

over9five

Staff member
yes they do,, automatics, air vents,shorts,power steering,No cash cods,Diad tells them how many stops light weight hand carts ....thinking of going back, I'm so jealous !!
No more cutting off COD tags with 8 pieces of tape across them. No more filling out paper time cards with car #, miles, stops pieces by area, hell, don't even gotta know where areas start and stop. No fur calls, etc etc etc.

Man, it's no wonder there are more fat pc drivers than feeder drivers now!

jaker

trolling
No more cutting off COD tags with 8 pieces of tape across them. No more filling out paper time cards with car #, miles, stops pieces by area, hell, don't even gotta know where areas start and stop. No fur calls, etc etc etc.

Man, it's no wonder there are more fat pc drivers than feeder drivers now!
​yeah it's the paperwork that is making us fat

Covemastah

We were Trailblazers Ovah ! We even got them cushioned steering wheels and cup holders !!
be praising us !!

images

opie

Must have missed the point of EAM's being reattempted on the same DIAD. Does that mean the EAM drivers on Sat. can't just do a drive by and bring them back to the building for regular driver to deliver?
As far as I know, we have been never told to reattempt EAMs on Saturday. But if you do, I think for Saturday you could reattempt before you come back to the building. But this is something not every driver does, because not every building does it the same way. I remember one time a driver got yelled at for reattempting a package, being accused of wasting/stealing time. Sometimes it is not possible to reattempt within the first hour, because air drivers may cover a broader area, and have to get other stops done first. But when you reattempt, what do you do? You can't use NI2 or CLO2, because you are using two of the three attempts in one day. One time I was told to reattempt, but not to sheet it, just go there and check again. I guess they can tell with GPS if you went back.

Last edited:

Covemastah

On Saturdays ,,,we would often fly down to UPS corporate headquarters on the UPS LEAR jet in Greenwich CT to use the pool !! No Sat AIRS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We start at 0900 on Mondays and 0940 the rest of the week. Our EAM commit time is 0900. We normally use an air driver for the EAM's but every once in a while they will call in a driver to start early. How in the world are we going to able to comply with this new directive?