Any fisherman in here?

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
So Adair County got 5 inches of rain the other day whicj
h in turn they had to open up the lake a bit. The Guide says if it's muddy it's a no go. I sure hope it's back to summer pool and clearer. If not, looks like it's monster gills at at private pond. It's a win win regardless.

rod

Retired 22 years
The DNR turned the #1 premier walleye lake in Mn. into a dead sea by letting the Indians net it again because they won that right in the Treaty of 1858. The only thing is back then they used birch bark canoes and 100 foot nets and there was just one local tribe doing it. Now days truck loads of them come from as far away as Wisconsin with their big aluminum boats, 225 hp motors and nets a thousand feet long. Then they load up their pickups with dead walleyes and take off to Wisc. where many fish are found in ditches every year because they have turned rotten while the Indians stop at every bar from here to there. Now there are so many different regulations for non-Indians to fish that lake very few do. If you do catch a walleye chances are good its either too small or too large to keep. The last time I fished that lake probably 2 years ago it was littered with dead floating walleye that didn't survive being released.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
No it’s on the left coast. But you can commute.
I'll make it over there within the next 3-5 years Lord willin' and the creek don't rise. Got a road trip planned. Never seen a Redwood or the Big Canyon. Gonna look at a couple spots for Fenn's treasure.

old levi's

blank space
@tonyexpress used to go ocean fishing pretty often

I would go with him too, every once in a while. I didn't like injuring the fish that were not regulation size that we threw back. To me this was unfair in the grand scheme of things, lots of those poorly informed fish were injured by chomping on our baited hooks. Guess that's more like today's media. I still don't think today's media slaughter house is fair either

It's a total disregard for civility.

oldngray

nowhere special
567ae14.gif

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The DNR turned the #1 premier walleye lake in Mn. into a dead sea by letting the Indians net it again because they won that right in the Treaty of 1858. The only thing is back then they used birch bark canoes and 100 foot nets and there was just one local tribe doing it. Now days truck loads of them come from as far away as Wisconsin with their big aluminum boats, 225 hp motors and nets a thousand feet long. Then they load up their pickups with dead walleyes and take off to Wisc. where many fish are found in ditches every year because they have turned rotten while the Indians stop at every bar from here to there. Now there are so many different regulations for non-Indians to fish that lake very few do. If you do catch a walleye chances are good its either too small or too large to keep. The last time I fished that lake probably 2 years ago it was littered with dead floating walleye that didn't survive being released.
...and our right to bear arms was established when muskets were the guns of the day.

vantexan

The right to keep and bear arms is entirely about the right to self-defense. The well-regulated militia part was an expectation that any able-bodied man was willing to fight to protect their families and communities, and precludes the notion of a standing military.
Well aware. Bottomsup is suggesting that right doesn't extend to us today.