Any Methods you think don't apply to you?

john chesney

Why is it that even the new package cars don't have the automatic backing alert, factory installed like so many other modern delivery vehicles???

I'll agree that on a straight back, tapping the horn is not a huge hindrance....

....but while your turning the steering wheel, checking your mirrors and monitor, on a driver's side quarter back, in a residential driveway???

"The Methods" are designed to shift the liability to the bonded, insured driver....more that to keep us or the general public safe.

It's always about the money.
We can’t afford a backing device we blew all the money on that genius thing Orion

john chesney

You’ve done probably one or two routes your entire UPS career , you have as much area knowledge as a new hire. Just cause you know one route doesn’t make you master of knowledge on every route. Your a ROOKIE!
I’ve been on the same route my whole career and I’m basically a swing driver now. Every day I’m somewhere new

Staydryitsraining

We were told during training that folks tend to ignore the beeping versus honking. Though that could be total BS some trainer guy just made up. We get safety messages sometimes that are clearly made up facts.
Like when you were pt and they said everyday hydrate make sure you hydrate, then wanna fire you because you need to piss.

john chesney

Because they’re stupid and dangerous that’s why. I’m not sticking my hand out and have someone take my arm off for a 2 dollar mirror or getting cut in half getting pinned walking behind a pkg car and someone slam into it. It happened in NYC I believe and poor guy lost one or both legs
Hey bad spelling I’m a :censored2:ing truck driver not an English professor.

IESucks

The only one I don't like is the handrail exiting the car to be honest. Sure, I understand why we're supposed to grab it, but I honestly feel like I'll damage my shoulder faster than I would my knees by holding onto it too long by accident.
Lolol. Slip on a step once and hit that shin or ur face and ull change ur mind

Box Ox

I've noticed he hasn't mentioned disappearing from this site in awhile. I do believe he is planning on weaseling out of his promise. I knew he would

He's either gonna change his username or become BC's own Colonel Jessup.

1zvxvma.jpg