Talking Doorbells

pkgdriver

I don’t press the ring doorbells ever. I don’t knock or ring anymore unless I need a signature. Only times I’ve ever been bitten by dogs are from inconsiderate impatient people who can’t wait for me to leave before opening their door and letting the dog chase me down. I argued with someone over the doorbell once about a 21 and over package and realized how stupid I looked arguing at a closed door and just left with the box and never did it again. I just pretend I can’t hear them. One of the little things I enjoy about the job when I get to do that.
71C10AA1-5183-4E1A-BDF2-12B1B38E60E6.gif

reginald95

I knock or ring the old school type doorbells. People always try to have full on conversations with you and tell you why it’s ok to leave their packages without a signature. Or tell you they are 10 minutes away and to wait for them.

No way I’m doing all that.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Had a large, very light package that was 21 and over. I asked for his ID and he asked why so I showed him the box...he says "I'll show you, but I'm only 19". College kid, his mom order a new compound bow for him. I had him sign his name and I left it with him. Shrug

clean hairy

When they talk, pretend you don't hear them.
Just mouth the words "hello! Anyone there?"
Wait a few moments, then pretend to yell, but only whisper
"I will try again tomorrow!"
Will have them wondering what is wrong with the doorbell

DriverNerd

Had a large, very light package that was 21 and over. I asked for his ID and he asked why so I showed him the box...he says "I'll show you, but I'm only 19". College kid, his mom order a new compound bow for him. I had him sign his name and I left it with him. Shrug
I think it's stupid that we don't have a separate signature required for adult signature and 21 and over only. That way shippers could still get direct delivery with an adult without having the 21 requirement for all the things not ATF related.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Not gonna do it, wouldn’t be prudent.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I think it's stupid that we don't have a separate signature required for adult signature and 21 and over only. That way shippers could still get direct delivery with an adult without having the 21 requirement for all the things not ATF related.
Exactly. Dude can join the army but can't accept a bow from a shipper?