Any not-so common advice for qualifying?

Was/is seasonal this summer on a training route. Dont want to get too much into detail for obvious reasons. Been told I'm the front runner for a 22.4 bid seniority wise but still need to qualify. have had opportunity all summer, but assuming I haven't, or my center manager and steward wouldn't say that.
They said they will train me for it after labor day but still need to qualify.

Supe said my goal should be 130 stops a day( toughest route in center, lot of pick ups/peices)
I have gotten close to the 130 mark(most was 128, but I had to have someone take air off me so it could make shuttle, bad bad pre loader. 126 or 127 was the most I think I've done without going to the air wing/coming later than 7ish.

Been asking for a lot of advice from drivers that qualified(while back I assume) on the route which has helped. But still feel like I'm not quite fast enough.

Any lesser heard advice that anyone can offer?

Saca La

What is it?
My 2 cents....

Eat a big breakfast. Your gonna have to skip lunch/ bring snacks

Don’t back. At all.

Run at a brisk pace.

Show up early to sort the truck.

Say yes to everything. Except sexual favors. Unless it’s a female asking.

Indecisi0n

Was/is seasonal this summer on a training route. Dont want to get too much into detail for obvious reasons. Been told I'm the front runner for a 22.4 bid seniority wise but still need to qualify. have had opportunity all summer, but assuming I haven't, or my center manager and steward wouldn't say that.

Supe said my goal should be 130 stops a day( toughest route in center, lot of pick ups/peices)
I have gotten close to the 130 mark(most was 128, but I had to have someone take air off me so it could make shuttle, bad bad pre loader. 126 or 127 was the most I think I've done without going to the air wing/coming later than 7ish.

Been asking for a lot of advice from drivers that qualified(while back I assume) on the route which has helped. But still feel like I'm not quite fast enough.

Did you let your sup know that's the toughest route in the center ? Maybe he doesn't know .

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
My 2 cents....

Don’t back. At all.

Run at a brisk pace.

I am thinking of an episode of Hot Date where the boomer father says to his kids that they can only date boys and both the straight girl and gay boy jump up in joy.

Anyways this advice is spot-on.
Don't actively try to get caught off the clock doing things though. If you are told specifically to not show up early off the clock, it might be wise to heed their advice. Nor should you do any DIAD actions or too much work while on lunch/break.
Show daily improvement, do not kill yourself on Monday and be dead for the rest of the week.
Ultimately the company will decide arbitrarily, hope you got a good local union to back you up!

MrFeeder

My 2 cents....

Don’t back. At all.

Run at a brisk pace.

You skip lunch, you get washed.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Read up on @Whither experience...

He had a heads up from local brownie drivers though, so his chances of FT off the street hire was better than other areas.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Sort sort sort. I’m not telling you to pull pkgs up to the front; you gotta get really good at sorting in PERFECT hin order as fast as you can. Review your work day at night when you get home and figure out where you screwed up and how to fix it the next day. Rinse and repeat. After a week or two you should be flying through the route

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Toughest route in the center

I bet your the hardest worker in the center

Lmao

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?

Man get a print out of your manifest for everyday. When you're done for the day or on the weekend go drive it. Once you have the area knowledge down then you'll be flying through the route no issues. Sort as you go. Combine as much air as you can with ground.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Ask an older driver for a couple sets of old, faded uniforms and hats. Start wearing those to work and management will forget all about you still needing to qualify

Last edited:

Eat , sleep and drink this job until you qualify.

Get plenty of sleep and be well rested do you can focus on the task at hand

Good luck

KingofFluff

Eat , sleep and drink this job until you qualify.

Get plenty of sleep and be well rested do you can focus on the task at hand

Good luck
giphy.gif

Snack

Try not to stress about your time or speed the first few weeks. Your main objectives should be:

1. Don’t hit anything
2. Don’t have service failures

Speed will come with experience.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
Run, skip lunch, come in a hour and half early, sort your entire truck. Get the make model of your management team cars to be on the lookout for observations. Don't hit anything and don't do any dishonesty stuff