Any of these UPS electric step vans in use?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I know a guy that drove straight through a flooded city street was blocked off and all :censored2: calls the supervisor to come and get him. The sup was so pissed and told me on a OJS ride he should have gotten a warning letter for destroying comapnay property, had another guy leave his gas cap off into the building that was fun giving him crap for a week or so.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I think he got a letter both times they were a couple years apart
Yeah I have never heard about anybody filling unleaded into diesel or vice versa here but could see it happening if you were a newbie or just plain stupid. Still cant understand how it says what fuel type on the trucks at least 3 different places, but oh well screw it I guess keeps @1BROWNWRENCH busy and in a job!

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
E05F9382-A129-493B-80B1-DF1A4F97AF55.jpeg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I know a guy that drove straight through a flooded city street was blocked off and all :censored2: calls the supervisor to come and get him. The sup was so pissed and told me on a OJS ride he should have gotten a warning letter for destroying comapnay property, had another guy leave his gas cap off into the building that was fun giving him crap for a week or so.
When a cap goes missing at my old center, you never know who actually lost it.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Yeah I have never heard about anybody filling unleaded into diesel or vice versa here but could see it happening if you were a newbie or just plain stupid. Still cant understand how it says what fuel type on the trucks at least 3 different places, but oh well screw it I guess keeps @1BROWNWRENCH busy and in a job!
I got enough to keep busy with all these Kenworth MX13s now without any supplementation.

El Correcto

god is dead
How many times has that happened? Never have I ever put diesel in a unleaded truck or vice versa but I could see it happen.
I’ve seen it happen once while at automotive in the morning getting a tire replaced. A supervisor was out there slamming down the gas pedal on a diesel full of gasoline while trying to get it to turn over. The mechanic wasn’t entertained.

Over disciplined0123

End of last year, UPS purchased 950 of these electric step vans, manufactured by a Cincinnati based company, Workhorse Group.

Does anyone know if they are in service yet?

workhorse.jpg

Workhorse Group is looking at purchasing the former GM plant in Lordstown, Ohio. It's the former factory of the Chevy Cruze.
Jesus mabey for airdrivers or delivering misloads.

542thruNthru

They are doing construction to our building for these all electric trucks. I believe we are getting around 20 is the word around the building.

Should be fun to see which high seniority drivers freak out because they now have a electric truck. I asked if I would get one and they said I don't drive enough miles.

rod

Retired 22 years
They are doing construction to our building for these all electric trucks. I believe we are getting around 20 is the word around the building.

Should be fun to see which high seniority drivers freak out because they now have a electric truck. I asked if I would get one and they said I don't drive enough miles.
what are they good for----50-60 miles?

Heavy Package

End of last year, UPS purchased 950 of these electric step vans, manufactured by a Cincinnati based company, Workhorse Group.

Does anyone know if they are in service yet?

Yes - I use one on my route each day and they are amazing! These vans fix all of the issues of UPS harassment, ORION, late start times and air, and make my life as a UPS delivery driver a breeze. I hope they come to every center in a timely fashion.