Any way to avoid UPS Surepost, by using MyChoice, etc.?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
684cbf5652f6d3680a09f6e5b2570e52.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That’s not attempting delivery. Drive it to the :censored2:ing house. :censored2: like this is why the post office shouldn’t even be allowed to compete directly with us in my opinion.
Mail goes to mailboxes or central delivery points. Parcels go to the house. If they want to compete in the parcel delivery business. Go to the damn house.

I regifted a cheap bottle of bourbon to my postman a couple years ago

If it won’t fit in the box he puts it on the front porch

That’s not attempting delivery. Drive it to the :censored2:ing house. :censored2: like this is why the post office shouldn’t even be allowed to compete directly with us in my opinion.
Mail goes to mailboxes or central delivery points. Parcels go to the house. If they want to compete in the parcel delivery business. Go to the damn house.
Certain rural towns have no mail delivery at all.

tadpole

For the las two months or so, it has been so heavy we’ve been on the brink of not being able to handle the volume of packages. In my center we are delivering all SurePost to the post offices out of Uhaul rentals. The mail carriers do the final delivery. I’m surprised Target doesn’t give more shipping options.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The only way out after getting a surepost tracking number is to plug it into the ups my choice app and pay 3 dollars or something to get it delivered last mile by UPS.
You might as well mention it to everyone that talks to you because the my choice app is pretty good and could solve a good chunk of on-road customer issues if they were not too lazy or technology-challenged to download it.

fisher101101

I realize this thread is a little old, but running into a similar issue. We just bought a house in an area where the postal service does not deliver to the house. Everyone in the little area has to get their mail from the local post office via PO box. When ordering from amazon and some other retailers they want to send everything UPS sure post, which means I have to physically pickup everything at the post office since they don't deliver. It's only 5 minutes away, but they open after we leave for work and close before we get home. Hours are basically 8:15-12, 1-3:15 pm. Heck the post office even locks its door at dark and on Sundays so you can't even get to your PO box 24/7 like normal post offices. No large package lockers in there either.

There is another post office 5 miles away that is better but it isn't our local zip code so while we might be able to pick up some things after hours, they also won't deliver to us.

Overpaid Union Thug

I realize this thread is a little old, but running into a similar issue. We just bought a house in an area where the postal service does not deliver to the house. Everyone in the little area has to get their mail from the local post office via PO box. When ordering from amazon and some other retailers they want to send everything UPS sure post, which means I have to physically pickup everything at the post office since they don't deliver. It's only 5 minutes away, but they open after we leave for work and close before we get home. Hours are basically 8:15-12, 1-3:15 pm. Heck the post office even locks its door at dark and on Sundays so you can't even get to your PO box 24/7 like normal post offices. No large package lockers in there either.

There is another post office 5 miles away that is better but it isn't our local zip code so while we might be able to pick up some things after hours, they also won't deliver to us.
It basically works like this, the USPS (most commonly known as the worst carrier) is trying to get out of delivering packages/mail directly to people as much as possible. And UPS is still trying to get away from delivering directly to customers as much as possible.....by continuing to handover large swaths of our volume to the USPS..... who won’t deliver them directly either. LMFAO!

When Amazon finally gets big enough to operate completely independent they will cut us, and anyone else they’ve been using to prop themselves up, loose and the general public will definitely notice the difference. More people will get their shipments directly to their front door.

But hey! At least we can now drive around looking like bums and circus freaks while our CEO alienates customers by injecting her politics into UPS.

upschuck

You can upgrade pkg using mychoice, that costs money, though.

worldwide

Basic My Choice is free and you pay for each upgrade from SurePost to UPS Ground. UPS My Choice Premium is $20/year and all SurePost packages are upgraded to UPS Ground, which are delivered by UPS, not the U.S. Postal Service. After upgrading, members can use My Choice to manage these packages

BrownFury

Is there not some local small biz mailing place, Postal Annex or UPS store near by? I mean they are everywhere now days even in small towns.

Drink Craft Beer

Seems strange that the P.O 5 miles away won't deliver to your door. In my experience with surepost that there's a same scenario at our hub. There's a rural area but the only thing to their zip code that's in the system is one big business, that's it. Everything else is majority residential or a few auto repair businesses. When a residential address (and any other address) is put in with that towns zip code, the label will say NIS (not in system) Yet if I use the P.O that's 5 miles away zip code, the label will come out fine and sent straight to the proper delivery truck.