Anybody Drive the New p700 without dual rear wheels?

outta hours

Just wondering if any one has driven one. I 'm getting a new one tomorrow. I am a bit worried about the single wheels on the back. Not sure how it will do in the rain. It's a looks a little longer than my current 700. It has those elevator style rear doors that will take a little getting used to. Anyway thanks in advance for the feedback.

outta hours

No we have some of those too. Our p57's are like a sprinter but with a box on the back. This is a new 700 but it has only single wheels in the back. They are all 660 prefix car numbers. It is nice p/s and auto. with a Mercedes engine.

DorkHead

They suck in the rain. The brakes are real touchy and lock up when wet. I`m sure it will be the same or worse in the snow

outta hours

They suck in the rain. The brakes are real touchy and lock up when wet. I`m sure it will be the same or worse in the snow

Good grief that's what I thought they would do. Not much snow here and when it does I call in anyway. But we do have a fair amount of rain. Can't wait to get stuck on some of my dirt roads 80 mi. from the center.

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
I saw a bunch of them coming down from Oregon/Washington into No Calif...don't know where they were headed---So Calif????---it looked like a UPS caravan-----and it was on Sunday, so I did a double take.There were about 6 of them driven by non-UPSers.The back doors looked so non-typical---like elevator doors---anyone familiar with them??

U

upsman

I drive one of the new p700's . I have yet to have any problems with it. It drives fine in the rain, no snow yet. The doors take some getting use too. I have drove a lot worst, like some of the old 550's

mpeedy

If you had the rear of the truck loaded heavy and had a rear blowout, wouldn't one of the front tires come off the ground?

stealth8

My 700 was out on PMI and I was given one of the new P750 for the day. It has its advantages, (back door),(better positioning of mirrors) (quieter ride) but it is too narrow for me. I was feeling a little "squeezed" in it. When given the option I kept my old 700.

over9five

Staff member
"Not much snow here and when it does I call in anyway."

You call in sick when it snows.....

No wonder the company's in trouble.

outta hours

"Not much snow here and when it does I call in anyway."

You call in sick when it snows.....

No wonder the company's in trouble.

Does'nt snow much here so we are not equipped for it. Have seen several drivers fired for accidents that happend when it did. No one here is open if we get one inch. What's the point 4 hrs. to area 4 hrs. back. 2 Hrs sheeting up closed. Which I have done in the past. I'm saving the company money by not coming in. That's what option day's are for.

browndude

i am with you on that i call in also when it snows here. hell they will close the plants and schools even if they are just predicting snow here.

Deuce

this is a stupid noob question, yes i know...

but i am a new casual driver, what are all the different trucks, like p800, p1000 etc...

i'm curious how to tell them apart and what they look like...

i think i drive a p800, i honestly don't know, no one has ever told me....??

any info?

switchoff

The number usually stands for the cubic feet of cargo space in the back ie. P5 has approx. 500 cubic feet, P7 has approx. 700 cf, etc.

Last edited:

helenofcalifornia

And the individual number assigned to each truck usually starts with whatever type truck it is - like truck number 100100 would be a thousand cube, a truck with the number 808030 would be an eight cube, 564321 would be the small 5 cube. Our seven cubes though, start with the number 6.

25yrvet

I really miss duals in the back when the wind blows. The front door isn't wide enough like the 'old' P7's made at the turn of the century. The back door is already hard to close after 2 months use-dirt & dust. I have to add a qt of oil every 800 miles.

Our region received a bunch of new 57's and 7's. Good timing with Christmas coming & needing the extra trucks. I almost feel guilty seeing the new hires driving the ol' P5's--NAW, not really.

Deuce

And the individual number assigned to each truck usually starts with whatever type truck it is - like truck number 100100 would be a thousand cube, a truck with the number 808030 would be an eight cube, 564321 would be the small 5 cube. Our seven cubes though, start with the number 6.

oh ok thanks, then i have an 8

N

NWUPSER

The pocket doors are nice for backing up to docks. So you don't have to stop, open you doors, then finish backing. But, they are more narrow and can be awkward with the ever growing package size. (have you delivered the QVC recliners?)

over9five

Staff member
"have you delivered the QVC recliners?"

Around here, it's anything from Pottery Barn. Amazing the size of these things!