Anybody heard of this???

Sitting on go

Hi you guys, I’m usually fairly knowledgeable but I’m not even sure where to look for this. I’ll try and keep it short…I have 36 yrs combined service as of last month and I’m in central states, south east area the long hours of 2020 did me in, I guess. Last year I got cysts in both knees, in the left if you can believe it was a 28cm bakers cyst and the right was a 8 center manager ganglion, I will deal with instability and the bakers cyst for the rest of my life. While I was out recuperating I had my back looked at-damage at every disk from c3 down with spinal stenosis, scoliosis, djd and facet joint arthritis. Tendinitis and bursitis in most joints, I already had a bicep tendon tear 5 yrs ago that left me with 20 percent disability in my right arm. The constant long hours and the typical UPS mentality of the best workers get the most work did a number on me. I went through my short term disability and I’m heading into my 8th month on long term. The Hartford oversees our long term and their drs determined that I had to file for ssdi and to my surprise I was awarded within 5 months. I have another 5 months until I can retire with benefits at 55. I got a letter in today saying I am entitled to additional money which the figure was a nice chunk on a monthly basis. This letter stated that the IRS has companies, in this case Central States, notify SSA of any money that someone is entitled to if they should have a separation from that company. I’m guessing it has something to do with Part time yrs as I was a cover driver for a ridiculous amount of time, by choice. It was referred to as an annuity so possibly it was from our life insurance policy but I never heard of such?! I’m very happy about but I’m suppose to look into it SSA was just giving me a heads up. Anybody out there heard of something like this.

Not sure what they are talking about, but I received a lump sum from retirement when my husband died, thought it was insurance….it was NOT! Thank God I saved it because the taxes were not taken out. So be careful with any money you receive, it may be taxable so plan for that In advance.

Sitting on go

Oh I would never spend it if I didn’t know where it came from. I’m sorry about your husband, you’d think they would make that clear when sending money but I’m aware they do not. Thank you for chiming in

rod

Retired 22 years
Not sure what they are talking about, but I received a lump sum from retirement when my husband died, thought it was insurance….it was NOT! Thank God I saved it because the taxes were not taken out. So be careful with any money you receive, it may be taxable so plan for that In advance.
My wife was in charge of her Mothes estate. She split the money up 7 ways and we paid all taxes. We thought we had it figured out what the tax liability would be and even kept out extra "just in case" --- but still under estimated it by $185 per person. We have now received the $185 extra from all her siblings except one. I may have to make a trip to Tennessee to strangle that one.

floridays

My wife was in charge of her Mothes estate. She split the money up 7 ways and we paid all taxes. We thought we had it figured out what the tax liability would be and even kept out extra "just in case" --- but still under estimated it by $185 per person. We have now received the $185 extra from all her siblings except one. I may have to make a trip to Tennessee to strangle that one.
I've paid stupid tax myself.

It will cost you more to travel there but the thrill of the strangle covers that.

Road trip time, grip and rip

Stolen from you, remember you posted this