Anyone else getting this in their email?

barnyard

KTM rider
When you sign up for any of the social accounts, they will ask which email program you use to 'find other contacts.' I have never done it, because I hate the intrusiveness of it. I have used emails to find others on FB though. It is hella easier if you have an email address vs a name. Email will return only the correct account. Names will give you the most popular searches for that name.

Works for FB, twitter, LinkedIn for sure.

clean hairy

Looks every bit as bogus as the emails about problems with a fedex or ups shipment.
Who does it show as being from when you hover over the email?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I've checked around and came up with only a few other examples of the email I received.

ScreenHunter_98 Feb. 20 18.26.jpg

ScreenHunter_99 Feb. 20 18.27.jpg

Still have no idea why UPS would create a 3rd party account in my name unless it has something to do with me using the internal job site. Either way, this is BS if UPS is doing that without my consent.

clean hairy

Could be one of those scam websites that puts nasty stiff on your computer if you go to it.
Dunno for certain, though.
Might see if a search brings up anything good or bad about it.

P

pickup

Looks like a scam to me. Does UPS even have your email address? That's how I always immediately realize a scam.... When I know I haven't given anyone my email address.

I know Upsers.com has my email address , I think it's listed somewhere on there.

Doesn't mean this email is legit and No, I didn't receive this notification in my e-mail.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Use one email I put down for useless crap that I don't care if it gets compromised. Another that only my financial institutions and my memberships to things such as Amazon, Xbox Live, PayPal, eBay etc. Nasty things about those email scams is they can send spam from your email to others in your contact lists if it gets compromised. I keep contacts in my secure one for this purpose.

If Brown Cafe ever decided to disperse my email, it would fall in line with the other 100 emails daily I get in my trash account.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Use one email I put down for useless crap that I don't care if it gets compromised. Another that only my financial institutions and my memberships to things such as Amazon, Xbox Live, PayPal, eBay etc. Nasty things about those email scams is they can send spam from your email to others in your contact lists if it gets compromised. I keep contacts in my secure one for this purpose.

If Brown Cafe ever decided to disperse my email, it would fall in line with the other 100 emails daily I get in my trash account.
I do this as well however, UPSers has my legit email and that's where the link was posted. Unfortunately, I have had that email for over a decade and am not changing it.