Anyone else really heavy the past 2 weeks?

pkg-king

I've been going out with late November volume levels the past 2 weeks, I'm talking having containment issues 8 out of the past 10 days as well. Anyone else noticing a big bump in delivery volume?

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I've been going out with late November volume levels the past 2 weeks, I'm talking having containment issues 8 out of the past 10 days as well. Anyone else noticing a big bump in delivery volume?
Still running helper loads here on a daily basis.

feeder53

ADKtrails
Maybe when the tax rebate and the refunds are out, things will improve. I think the Gas prices may help package delivery as the people save the gas by shopping on the internet.

GoBrown???

it's called volume is down so we cut 6 routes and passed it on to you. the wonderful thing passed down from i.e.

in my center there have been anywhere as 5 to 15 people sent home because of routes being cut

Johney

I think the Gas prices may help package delivery as the people save the gas by shopping on the internet.
I don't know I still pay alot to ship to my house,sometimes even more than what gas would cost me to drive to the mall. I laugh at my wife when she screams about shipping charges on something she gets off the web.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Heavy? I don't know, what do you think? Last night 138 stops, 250 pkgs, about 110 miles, c/o 2050. Rural mostly res rte that I know very well. Our numbers, according to the drivers, have not dropped. Mgt, on the other hand, doesn't have the same opinion!!!!!!!! (OF COURSE)

LKLND3380

Start times were pushed back to 4:40 and we pretty much have unload wrapped by 7:15 and waiting on a couple trucks plus airs. Starting with 1450 when we normaly have 1750

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
We are starting to see lighter volume. Not lighter loads! We just cut 8 cars every day and slam the other 32 guys. Ten hour day yesterday, and my buddy spent the day at the unemployment office.

ImpactedTSG

Did your center recently go PAS? PAS is designed to distribute packages on-demand as the sort is going on. The goal is to have 20 fully loaded cars as opposed to 25 cars that are not at full capacity. Less fuel, less mileage, and less to pay drivers. It's all about cramming 10 pounds of poop in a 5 pound bag.