Anyone ever recieve a reward for reporting theft?

tieguy

Banned
There we go with your racial profiling. Its actually an interesting comparison, i would like to see the numbers from both to see. I personally beleive that ups might come out a little ahead of the theft allegation between them.

but in either case you believe in honoring the code by ignoring the theft?

I've made my point quite clearly that I have no use for a management person who behaves unethically. I really don't make a distinction between management thieves or union thieves. Discharge them all. How bout you there red? Is it ratting them out or should I follow your lead and look the other way?

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
I wouldn't rat on anyone because I now know that UPS doesn't keep their word for the reward. UPS is obviously not too concerned about stealing if they are willing to steal from the very person that is informing them of theft.

I don't know that I need additional incentive to turn a thief in.

705red

Browncafe Steward
but in either case you believe in honoring the code by ignoring the theft?

I've made my point quite clearly that I have no use for a management person who behaves unethically. I really don't make a distinction between management thieves or union thieves. Discharge them all. How bout you there red? Is it ratting them out or should I follow your lead and look the other way?
I agree discharge the theives if their found quilty, union or management. Tie your in management right? How far up the chain are you, preload sup etc.., You see a theft (or what you think might be a theft) do you grab the person then or do you get lp involved? I have represented several accused theifs and i can tell you not every one of them was guilty, if their guilty ill have them resign to avoid law enforcement getting involved.

I will make a deal with you tie, you get me back my 2 hours of dispatch that i lost, maybe i would start caring who is stealing. Its the company that still has the pirates mentality, steal from all and take what ever isnt bolted down, but its always the union thefts you see online or in the papers, never the managements.

The company since 1997 has profited (STOLEN) $28 billion, how? By stealing, fire eskew and ill turn in every theif i see!!!!!!!!!!!!

wannabeups

This was some time ago but I'll never forget it -

One of our drivers actually stopped a theft in progress at the site of one of his customers. He drove right into the area where the crime was being committed and the thieves scattered. Someone called the police and our driver locked himself in the back of his pkg car as the criminals returned and began firing shots at the UPS vehicle.

And the thanks HE got? The driver was terminated because he had chosen to interrupt his work day. But when the local news got wind of this, he was quickly hired back on.

And hey, thanks for going above and beyond....

You are kidding right? They actually fired him for doing that? Didn't they have a clue of the negative publicity it could generate?

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
"Didn't they have a clue of the negative publicity it could generate?"

Of course not! They only think of the instant sexual gratification they get when they fire a driver. Idiots!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You are kidding right? They actually fired him for doing that? Didn't they have a clue of the negative publicity it could generate?

I don't doubt that story for a second, Wannabe. UPS management is the strangest beast I've ever dealt with. In addition to being unpredictable, they take great pleasure in being unpredictable. The order to terminate the driver was probably given by a beancounter that saw this guy had run well over his allowed time. Once the bad publicity got out, someone with a little more common sense stepped in. -Rocky

local804

The one person I know who called the number got a big fat ZERO. The person who he called on got moved to another building( dont know why) and still works for the company to this day. UPS has loss prevention that can handle any sort of thft within these UPS walls. The have tracking information and cameras all over the building. The even use Blue ink die to try to catch people they think are stealing. Leave the investigating up to the guys that get paid the big bucks.

Snitches swim with the fishes........

705red

Browncafe Steward
Snitches swim with the fishes.......

So whats better being a snitch or being a thief?
Tie maybe you can help us out with that answer. Your a manager you fit both of those traits. Tell us what goals have you set for yourself after you get canned maybe we can compare them.

A

Anonymous by order of LP

The title says it all. Just kind of curious. I've heard employees can receive upto $5000 for reporting theft from corporate, and $2500 from the district. Any snitches here?

Yes, 2.5K not the full 5K

DS

Fenderbender
Yes, 2.5K not the full 5K
You asked LP if it was ok to post this info here
in the good old brown cafe`?
They agreed as long as you remain anonymous?
I guess upsers.com got boring and you had to
find the real voice of ups.
Welcome we look forward to your input.

All I know is a thief is a thief is a thief.

tieguy

Banned
Tie maybe you can help us out with that answer. Your a manager you fit both of those traits. Tell us what goals have you set for yourself after you get canned maybe we can compare them.

Red I think that was a pretty tacky response. I have treated you with respect on this board and I'm dissapointed to see you drop down in the gutter like this.

It does seem that you tend to attack when you are uncomfortable answering questions?

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
I have to agree with tie,that was uncalled for.
Do you hate management to the point that you
would look the other way if you saw someone stealing?
If so then we dont need you at ups....

satellitedriver

Red I think that was a pretty tacky response. I have treated you with respect on this board and I'm dissapointed to see you drop down in the gutter like this.

It does seem that you tend to attack when you are uncomfortable answering questions?
I thought it was just me. I too had higher hopes.

satellitedriver

Once again,I can only ask for coherence of thought in your posts. Maybe, you could tell all of us what goals you have set for yourself?
The only reward I need to receive from stopping a thief is to stop them.
No way I could defend their actions based on the fact that they made less money than "THE MAN".
There is only one justification for theft(and I am stretching) and that is stealing food to meet your families immediate needs.

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
I would like to report a theft. I belive there is a person on the east coast who steals a paycheck regularly and wears an ugly TIE. This GUY walks around like a dictator without a clue. You might know him he is often near a keyboard deep in thought and has well manicured hands. Don't confront this individual he might fly into a indiscernible rant on ethics then run to his 3rd coffee break then a bathroom break then lunch, just back away and call 1800-pencil-pusher or if that numbers is busy call 1800-office-jockey:w00t:

tieguy

Banned
Once again,I can only ask for coherence of thought in your posts. Maybe, you could tell all of us what goals you have set for yourself?
The only reward I need to receive from stopping a thief is to stop them.
No way I could defend their actions based on the fact that they made less money than "THE MAN".
There is only one justification for theft(and I am stretching) and that is stealing food to meet your families immediate needs.

Good Point.

tieguy

Banned
I would like to report a theft. I belive there is a person on the east coast who steals a paycheck regularly and wears an ugly TIE. This GUY walks around like a dictator without a clue. You might know him he is often near a keyboard deep in thought and has well manicured hands. Don't confront this individual he might fly into a indiscernible rant on ethics then run to his 3rd coffee break then a bathroom break then lunch, just back away and call 1800-pencil-pusher or if that numbers is busy call 1800-office-jockey:w00t:

And sadly thats where Dave is now. A discussion on the affects of liberalized class action lawsuits laws and how they may have actually helped perpetrate the various economic crisis in California now has poor Dave following me around like a rabid lap dog. Dave just say no to message boards. :thumbup1: