Anyone had an isuee like this? Please help

Blaze03

Hello everyone new user here with an issue that would like to hear some opinions!

Heres my problem.... I have 2 weeks vacation starting June 20 2011! back around April I received a check(deposit) paying 45hrs vacation time... I talked to manager about why did I got paid my vacations so early he said he was going to find out what happened but never did! Now fast forward to today (6/9/11) I get 2 different checks(deposit) each paying 22 hours to cover the 2 weeks vacation.

So has anyone had a problem like this and what is the best way to resolve it? Please any advice is helpful! Thanks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I read it there is no problem. You received your two weeks vacation pay, albeit not at the same time. The check in April and the two checks today are your vacation pay. Enjoy your vacation.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Hello everyone new user here with an issue that would like to hear some opinions!

Heres my problem.... I have 2 weeks vacation starting June 20 2011! back around April I received a check(deposit) paying 45hrs vacation time... I talked to manager about why did I got paid my vacations so early he said he was going to find out what happened but never did! Now fast forward to today (6/9/11) I get 2 different checks(deposit) each paying 22 hours to cover the 2 weeks vacation.

So has anyone had a problem like this and what is the best way to resolve it? Please any advice is helpful! Thanks
Blaze03,

Am I correct in understanding that you have been overpaid by UPS?

If this is correct then you must see to it that the overpayment is returned.

Sincerely,
I

Hay you told the manager about the pay overage the ball is in his court. I'll bet he is being lazy and blowing it off because he doesn't want to deal with the adjustment.

UPSGUY72

You need to talk your HR rep they will be able to help you. The only thing money related you talk to your manager or SUP about is if they short you HR's in your pay check. Any other benefit or pay questions you need to talk to your HR person that is what they get paid to do.

Blaze03

Thanks for the info!

Talked to manager about it and he said that he was going to take care of it and not to touch that money because it was going to be taken from my bank account!

JonFrum

Was the April check a payoff of unused vacation, sick days or option days from the previous cycle? Our cycle in New England runs from May 1 through April 30. Any unused time (if not accrued) is paid off the end of April. The stub should say what the payment is for.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Here in central and NNY, our cycle is Jan. 1 thru Dec. 31. If the April check was a vaca check and you got two checks each for 22 hours, it sounds to me that you were shorted an hour. I would grieve if they TAKE money from you. I would tell manager that your are OWED one hour.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
If you get two checks on one, then tell your manager and / or HR. The problem with two checks on one is the taxes taken out. I've been given this before and they took well over 1/3 in taxes off the check. UPS going green doesnt mean they try to save paper by giving you less paper. Just keep pushing the issue unitl it is solved.

You should get two checks a week before vacation, not one; two. One should be hours worked the week before, the next is hours worked allowed. Such as you should be working 20 hours thats what you'll get on that check.

steward71

I think some people are reading this wrong. this person is stating they got paid one check for 45 hours for the vacation this june in April. then as of 9th they get two more checks for the same vacation. it sounds like you are getting paid twice and you do own the company the money. here drivers get a vacation time for 40 hours and the vacations checks are cut one month early and given to you two weeks before your vacation. they are stating they have gotten 3 checks one for 45 hours then 2 more for both of 22 hours. you have gotten paid twice for the vacation this month or you have some that you have not used as stated in another post.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think some people are reading this wrong. this person is stating they got paid one check for 45 hours for the vacation this june in April. then as of 9th they get two more checks for the same vacation. it sounds like you are getting paid twice and you do own the company the money. here drivers get a vacation time for 40 hours and the vacations checks are cut one month early and given to you two weeks before your vacation. they are stating they have gotten 3 checks one for 45 hours then 2 more for both of 22 hours. you have gotten paid twice for the vacation this month or you have some that you have not used as stated in another post.

He is taking two weeks of vacation. We get 45 hours pay for each week. He got the first 45 hours in April and then received two checks of 22 hours each (I bet it was 22.5 hours each) which would be for the second week of vacation. The way I read it he received what he was entitled to and owes nothing.

JonFrum

He is taking two weeks of vacation. We get 45 hours pay for each week. He got the first 45 hours in April and then received two checks of 22 hours each (I bet it was 22.5 hours each) which would be for the second week of vacation. The way I read it he received what he was entitled to and owes nothing.
So you think he's a full-timer, and works under a Supplement that gives exactly 45 hours pay for each vacation week?

steward71

opps upstate I think I read this wrong. LOL. Sh** I can't read today. One week is spelling then the next it is reading. Im getting old. LOL

Randolph Pee

keep bugging your full time & part time supervisor about it, it maybe annoying but eventually they'll give in.... if that don't work, go to hr about this & show them your checks you got for vacation

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

Thanks for the info!

Talked to manager about it and he said that he was going to take care of it and not to touch that money because it was going to be taken from my bank account!

Sounds to me like he was over paid. He says he has two weeks vacation beginning in June and he was paid early, and now he has been paid again.

I'm sure there are cases where over payments are not discovered, but I have seen a lot of them discovered and they are always taken back when the overpayment is discovered. Of course, some people claim they had no idea they were overpaid, even when it's several thousands.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Blaze03,

Am I correct in understanding that you have been overpaid by UPS?

If this is correct then you must see to it that the overpayment is returned.

Sincerely,
I

Its not that easy to give UPS money back, we had a driver get 3 vaction checks for 1 week off. He talked to the Mgnt. team. They called payroll. After a few weeks nothing.
Start again months later still nothing. UPS did not see an error. Paper work filled out, nothing.

Fast forward 3 years UPS wants its money back with interest. The driver says hey I did all the right things you guys would not take it back Union said its UPS who screwed up and did not fix it. In the End the driver got to keep the extra pay.

menotyou

bella amicizia
He is taking two weeks vacation. One check for one week, two smaller checks for the next week, right? If that is the case, he is due one more hour, at least.