Anyone have success with a "hardship transfer"

JG89

Long story short, I will be moving out of a state and obviously want to keep my job, just not going to be able to stay in the building im currently in. I know that if you're an hourly, you can transfer for educational purposes and by browsing the UPSers site, I found a hardship transfer section. One of the situations matches my current situation so I would be eligible. But from working at UPS for 5 years, I know everything isnt as cut and dry as it might appear on paper. So has anyone ever transferred to another building successfully for whatever reason? Im going to have a sit down with my manager tonight and figure it out and then go to HR and discuss it with them. Any advice / suggestions are greatly appreciated.

TxRoadDawg

I know a full time sup who got a transfer when his wife took a higher paying job out of state. last time I asked they had to get Jim Casey's approval if you were only a part timer, and if there by fluke was an opening in a center near where you moved to, that was after having to sign up, pay for classes, and jump through 5 or six other hoops full of forms and bull**** about college letterheads on paperwork ect

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Long story short, I will be moving out of a state and obviously want to keep my job, just not going to be able to stay in the building im currently in. I know that if you're an hourly, you can transfer for educational purposes and by browsing the UPSers site, I found a hardship transfer section. One of the situations matches my current situation so I would be eligible. But from working at UPS for 5 years, I know everything isnt as cut and dry as it might appear on paper. So has anyone ever transferred to another building successfully for whatever reason? Im going to have a sit down with my manager tonight and figure it out and then go to HR and discuss it with them. Any advice / suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I've known 6 or 7 people over the years.
​It just depends.

JG89

I just found out that not only does is go through the district, but also the region. I might try to switch from midnight to daysort and just deal with the longer commute.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sorry to dig up an old thread but anyone know where to get the information on what counts as a hardship transfer?