Anyone here ever work for Amazon or know someone that did?

Thebrownblob

I'm not in any way advocating for this person to work for Amazon but for 22.4 drivers there is no guarantee they will ever make 80k a year.
Top scale 22.4 working about 9 1/2 hours is right around 80 K. Fortunately, no one in my building has made it to top scale yet before becoming RPCDs.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
i've met a few people that work for amazon. they're all idiots. the whole deal at amazon is churning the workforce and virtually no one there gets that even though it's transparently obvious. you get in, they work you like crazy they give you one raise and then they set you up to be fired and you get to do it all over again. you cannot get ahead at amazon by working hard and being fast, because everyone else is doing the same thing you are. and they're just not going to pay you more when they can instead get you to work for the (false) possibility that they'll pay you more in the future.

kforte36

Well, then, like I said, most don’t make 100,000 after taxes. Every standard of job pay are met with gross pay because everyone’s taxes are different.
You're definitely right. I'm not disagreeing. Well of course most don't then. I'm just saying that if I earn 40000 per year in a job for example I wouldn't claim I actually earn that but I would say what I earn after tax.

Thebrownblob

You're definitely right. I'm not disagreeing. Well of course most don't then. I'm just saying that if I earn 40000 per year in a job for example I wouldn't claim I actually earn that but I would say what I earn after tax.
Lol OK well you’re the only one I know that would do that. Do you also include state and local taxes in that deduction? You would probably shudder to realize you probably keep about half of your money after every tax.