Anyone here from....

L

lr1937

Is that the building where it is imperative that you hold on to your bar of Dail soap vigorously? If for some reason it did depart your hands and end up on the floor you just left it alone. If for some reason the Springfield YMCA was not the building your query pertained to, you need not pay any attention to the soap alert. I was there teaching sbts a long time ago. Please don't get all lathered up if this is not the building of which you posted. This could be a slippery slope I am aproaching. I think I will slide on out of here before I get in trouble.

T

traveler

Hey, lr1937, I attended sbts in Springfield in 1969 (I believe) Could have been 1968? Were you teaching that long ago?? If my memory is correct we had individual single rooms with a bathroom making a soap dropping incident a personal matter! There were some really sleezy bars nearby that none but the most brave ventured to.

T

therodog

LOL, im not sure, but we did have a shower in there once..lol , but they converted it into a female bathroom. I started there in 1987. The Building is actually in West Springfield off of RT-5.

J

jcroche

therodog:

You're way out of your league on this one. (No slam intended, ok?) The references to SBTS and YMCA's was for a time when you were still wet behind the ears.

lr1937:

SBTS - 1971 - Saginaw, Mi @ the YMCA. Lead instructor was Clay LeTourneau(sp?). He was the Indiana DM when he passed away of a heart attack.
We all called him "Shiny Shoes". One heck of a UPS'er.

jcr

T

therodog

WOW, i guess I did. I think ill stay in the shadows on this one...lol

L

lr1937

Utica NY somewhere around 1966. Been so long I can't remember and to lazy to go into archives. I think it was 12 weeks back then. First major travel. Used to walk around Newark airport with briefcase full of underwear on my way to Utica. We had to memorize everything given to us. I remember first GIT in front of class. The inside of my knees have permanent bruises. Always carried extra soap along with uwear. Never met Laterno but heard a lot about him. SBTS back then was like boot camp and longer.

R

robonono

lr1937, mine was in Raleigh, NC (in your back yard) in 1974. We had a Y as well, with a communal bathroom, and a tremendous amount of fear if the soap dropped.

Loved the 3.2 beer, and the coeds though!

J

jcroche

therodog:

Did you know Phil V out of Worchester - handled TOFC movements?

jcr

L

lr1937

Raleigh NC is a great place to live. Hillsboro street coeds make driver training very difficult. Did a stint in safety and trained on Hillsboro street. Rumor has it that you always bent at the knees in the YMCA shower. Paper machay(spell check)loafers I understand were the shoe of choice. I haven't heard anyone talk about 3.2 beer in 40yrs. In fact I will be turning 40 soon.

S

smf0605

jcroche ... I worked with Phil V in Worcester (there is NO H in Worcester) for a number of years.