Anyone here use the UPS employee discounts?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Five finger discount on pens. Too many around here, got to stop bringing them home.
image.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Those crappy pens are hardly worth stealing. A long time ago the pens were pretty good but those are pretty worthless. I guess UPS figured since people use a pen less now there is little reason for getting decent pens.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I remember when some marketing guru thought it would be cool if UPS used pens with brown ink. They didn't realize we use pens to write on brown cardboard. Maybe he was the guru that did corporate peak planning last year.

FilingBluesFL

I remember when some marketing guru thought it would be cool if UPS used pens with brown ink. They didn't realize we use pens to write on brown cardboard. Maybe he was the guru that did corporate peak planning last year.

Those were the WORST. PENS. EVER.

I couldn't count the number of them that blew up and started leaking ink all over.

Never had a problem with the regular ink ones though.

It really sucked when you'd walk into a business after the brown ink one decided to have a meltdown, and people point out that you're lactating. "Oh, no.... that's just my brown pen having a meltdown..."

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When PAS first started in my building years ago, they had us loading by bay numbers. 306 307 308 309....I felt like I was going crosseyed by the end of the sort....lol

CHALLY9TX

When PAS first started in my building years ago, they had us loading by bay numbers. 306 307 308 309....I felt like I was going crosseyed by the end of the sort....lol

By bay numbers do you mean car space number??? How do they load now as opposed to bay number???

Sent using BrownCafe App

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I used to get great deals on Harman Kardon and JBL gear through the Harmon store. Last item I checked, though, I could get a better deal through Amazon.

CHALLY9TX

Yes...we call those bay numbers here. Now....usually just the route #...example 40A. Or sometimes by the bid driver's last name...SMH for Smith.

Wonder if they'll ever try by last name in our building....doubt it though. They move cars around too much

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Wonder if they'll ever try by last name in our building....doubt it though. They move cars around too much

Sent using BrownCafe App
That shouldn't matter if they're using the bid driver's last name. Say Route 40A is John Smith's route. So if they name it SMH...it'll still be the same route regardless of what belt they move the PC to...

J

jibbs

The one at Verizon is good, have used car discounts to leverage better deals from local dealers, and if you travel, the Avis discount is excellent.

Are the used car discounts tied in with the dealership/manufacturer discounts (Nissan, Audi, GM, etc. etc.) on the Employee Discounts page on UPSers?

I only ask because those links mention nothing about used cars (but they don't specify that it's only for new ones either) and I'm currently looking for a beater to teach myself how to drive standard (no classes offered locally, no way to rent a manual and, most depressing of all, no buddies with a manual to learn on).

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Are the used car discounts tied in with the dealership/manufacturer discounts (Nissan, Audi, GM, etc. etc.) on the Employee Discounts page on UPSers?

I only ask because those links mention nothing about used cars (but they don't specify that it's only for new ones either) and I'm currently looking for a beater to teach myself how to drive standard (no classes offered locally, no way to rent a manual and, most depressing of all, no buddies with a manual to learn on).
If that's the only reason you want to buy a beater...talk to your center manager and Safety Manager first. My building, if you know a driver willing to donate their time...the Dm and Safety manager will allow you to practice on a PC in the yard on Saturdays....as long as a driver sits in the jumpseat. That's how me and a buddy of mine learned. It couldn't hurt to ask.

CHALLY9TX

That shouldn't matter if they're using the bid driver's last name. Say Route 40A is John Smith's route. So if they name it SMH...it'll still be the same route regardless of what belt they move the PC to...

I meant it would suck for the pickoffs having to learn new last names everytime they move the cars

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

The ironic thing is they don't change the route name to reflect the current bid driver's last name. Two of the guys in my loop have moved to feeders but their old routes still bear their names.