Anyone here use the UPS employee discounts?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are the used car discounts tied in with the dealership/manufacturer discounts (Nissan, Audi, GM, etc. etc.) on the Employee Discounts page on UPSers?

I only ask because those links mention nothing about used cars (but they don't specify that it's only for new ones either) and I'm currently looking for a beater to teach myself how to drive standard (no classes offered locally, no way to rent a manual and, most depressing of all, no buddies with a manual to learn on).

overallowed phrased it poorly, which may have led to your confusion. He should have added "I", as in "I have used the car discounts..."

There are no used car discounts offered on upsers.

CHALLY9TX

I don't understand. They sort by the color word printed on the PAL label...

Sorry I'm getting confusing.
Color refers to which pen it goes to right? And driver name/route number refers to which car it goes to right? So it's first sorted by color then by name/route/space number. I'm referring to the pickoffs who have to sort by name/route/space number....

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sorry I'm getting confusing.
Color refers to which pen it goes to right? And driver name/route number refers to which car it goes to right? So it's first sorted by color then by name/route/space number. I'm referring to the pickoffs who have to sort by name/route/space number....

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ahhh it depends how your building is set up. Some have a single belt running down a line...loaders have to grab boxes for their cars. My building...each line has a belt. For example Green belt...the belt then splits into 8 different belts or slides...So the sort aisle sorts to the belts by color. Then the high volume sorter for each belt...sorts to the proper slide by the S # om the PAL label. If you look at a pal label just above the route and HIN#s....it should say something like
P: GREEN S:5

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I use the discount to buy a new Ford, I think I got it at about $500 over a Ford employees discount. I use it for my cell phone too, I am currently shopping around for a new provider. I like Verizon, but $270 a month for four smart phones is ridiculous. All the providers are pushing no contract plans now, but they seem like those cost more. You have to buy the phone upfront or make payments like you did before with the two-year contracts.

LeddySS98

What's the Costco discount?... I've looked on the upsers site under the employee discounts... but didn't see any thing about costco anywhere.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I used the rental car discount a few months ago. Saved me about 80 bucks. They waived the under 25 fee which was nice. When I make a big purchase I always look to see if they have anything to help cut the price. Discounts may not mean a lot, but I think if they are there you should absolutely take advantage of them. Wish they'd get a US airline discount though. Lufthansa? Really? Lots of Germans working for UPS?

Cue the well my center manager is a.... Comments

Sent using BrownCafe App

FilingBluesFL

overallowed phrased it poorly, which may have led to your confusion. He should have added "I", as in "I have used the car discounts..."

There are no used car discounts offered on upsers.

The best discount IS to buy a used car...

Let the original owner take the hit on depreciation...

mundele

I got a 5% discount at the apple store when I bought my macbook a few months back. They even discounted AppleCare.

Sent using BrownCafe App