anyone here work in kern county??

rod

Retired 22 years
Im gonna be working in ridgecrest

My Grandmother lived by herself up to the age of 100 in a little trailer house located in downtown Ridgecrest about 4 blocks from the Post Office. I still have a shirt-tail relative who lives there who is a survivalist and has all kinds of stuff hidden in the desert and mountains around there.

wayfair

swollen member
My Grandmother lived by herself up to the age of 100 in a little trailer house located in downtown Ridgecrest about 4 blocks from the Post Office. I still have a shirt-tail relative who lives there who is a survivalist and has all kinds of stuff hidden in the desert and mountains around there.

I remember as a kid all of the crazy lights from China Lake

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember as a kid all of the crazy lights from China Lake

My "crazy survivalist" relative retired from the China Lake Proving Grounds as a civilian worker. I remember him visiting us in Minnesota in the early 60's and telling us about the spy cameras that were being developed that could photograph a license plate on a car from 100,000 feet in the air. To us kids it was pure science fiction back then.

wayfair

swollen member
My "crazy survivalist" relative retired from the China Lake Proving Grounds as a civilian worker. I remember him visiting us in Minnesota in the early 60's and telling us about the spy cameras that were being developed that could photograph a license plate on a car from 100,000 feet in the air. To us kids it was pure science fiction back then.

and now we have google earth....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Im gonna be transfering to kern county tomorrow and wanted to know the average stops and pieces per day
Kernal Klink.

th

rod

Retired 22 years
I would have guessed the OP was more like this

View attachment 86200

I ran the 60 cal. on the Rat Patrol jeep with night vision goggles the last week I was in Vietnam. Exciting times. Thankfully it was a quiet week. Ours had an angle iron contraption mounted on the front bumper to catch any wire the VC had strung across the road at neck high.