Anyone in the Austin-San Antonio Area?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I gave you a funny, because it was.
It may be the truth as well but I don't give a :poop: , I live in neither.
Texas born and bred, never left, but wouldn’t consider Austin OR San Antonio. DFW is home, but getting crowded. Waco is nice, beautiful hill country. Longview is beautiful piney woods.

But the best part of Texas is the people. We’re not strangers here, you’re expected to acknowledge and converse with everyone you meet.

vantexan

Do you like 4 or 5 months of 100 degree + weather? Then Texas might be the place for you. Do you know Spanish? Do you like Califorians because that is where they are all moving to.
Spent 10 years in Texas. Unless you're in Laredo or Eagle Pass it's pretty much mid to high 90's most of the time except in winter. It's the humidity that kills you.

MassWineGuy

What waiting list?

I’m definitely not crazy about the summer there. I don’t mind people from California. Maybe live in some quiet town west or south of the city. Where I can go to work, eat bbq or tacos, hear good music and drink a couple of beers. And maybe meet somebody.

floridays

Texas born and bred, never left, but wouldn’t consider Austin OR San Antonio. DFW is home, but getting crowded. Waco is nice, beautiful hill country. Longview is beautiful piney woods.

But the best part of Texas is the people. We’re not strangers here, you’re expected to acknowledge and converse with everyone you meet.
Sounds nice brother.
It's like driving in the country, you wave when you've never seen the person in your whole life.

It's a great country, parts at least.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What waiting list?

I’m definitely not crazy about the summer there. I don’t mind people from California. Maybe live in some quiet town west or south of the city. Where I can go to work, eat bbq or tacos, hear good music and drink a couple of beers. And maybe meet somebody.
The waiting list you’ll be on if you want a decent place to live. Austin is overrun. Commute would be fine except for the hour+ to get anywhere.