Anyone listening to their iPods while delivering?

cino321

What kind of boom boxes are you guys using? I'd prefer a battery operated one because I don't have a route therefore I don't have a truck I use everyday. Any thoughts/suggestions?

BrownPR215

What Can Brown Do To You!
I use a Milwaukee Worksite Radio. It uses a rechargable battery (the ones used in their power drills etc.). Its loud enough to put in the back with the packages and it lasts all day. It also has an aux input for an mp3 player.

teamsterdan

I'm guessing a good 15 lbs. site says 22lbs......quite popular in these parts....I beat the first one up pretty good.......battery easily gets me through the pre-load, depending on how loud you have it.......Ipod connection rocks.......:peaceful:

Amazon.com: Milwaukee 49-24-0280 V28 28-Volt Lithium-Ion Job Site Radio: Home Improvement

looper804

Is it time to go home yet

rod

Retired 22 years
what's an iPod?...................................................................just kidding..........................it's like 2 steps up from an 8 track- right:wink2:

over10.5

Ryobi makes a small radio with aux. line in for Ipod.. Its in there "ONE" line . $24 @ Home Depot plus the rechargable battery pack (around $30). You can use the battery on many numerous power tools. Ive had mine for over a year now and use it with my Ipod every day.. Works great, pretty small, and battery last 2 days on full charge. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have a Sirius SP5 boombox strapped to my Diad holder shelf hooked up to the battery terminals located under the dash. Some of the new Freightliner P7's have hookups for radios.

BigBrownSanta

I have a Motorola Razr V3xx Platinum cell phone and two bluetooth earpieces. The phone uses a 2 gig micro sd memory card and I have about 400 mp3's loaded on it. The earpieces last about 6 hrs each and the phone will play for about 9 hours.

outta hours

FYI

Section 8. Radios
Transistor radios will be allowed in package cars.
Applicable laws regarding the use of cell phones while driving will be followed by all employees while driving Company vehicles. The use of cell phones by other employees will be with approval of the Employer.
The use of Citizen Band (C.B.) Radios, not to exceed five (5) watts, shall be permitted in all feeder road equipment as follows:
a. Operators of C.B. Radios must conform to FCC rules and regulations and be properly licensed and license be on record with the Employer.
b. Head sets and earphones shall not be allowed.
c. The Employer will not be responsible in any way for any damage or loss of C.B. Radio equipment.
d. All power hookups and antenna brackets shall be provided and installed by the Employer.
e. Antennas shall be so installed that they do not interfere with the operation of the wash rack or restrict the vision of the driver.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have a Sirius SP5 boombox strapped to my Diad holder shelf hooked up to the battery terminals located under the dash. Some of the new Freightliner P7's have hookups for radios.
All the new package cars have power hookups under the dash, but technically you aren't supposed to use them for a personal radio. I do it anyway. The mechanics here pulled the fuses to prevent unauthorized use. I replaced it. There is a small blade-type fuse holder located on top of the battery near the positive terminal...pop the cover off, insert blade fuse, replace cover, done.
Any boom-box or portable radio that uses 8 batteries can be hot-wired into a package car. 8-1.5 volt batteries= 12 volts. All you need to do is to connect your negative wire to the last negative coil spring in the battery compartment of your radio with an alligator clip. For the positive connection, you drive a small screw into the first positive plate, and hook the positive wire to that with another alligator clip. Drill a hole into the batery cover to run the wires out of, and connect them to the positive and negative power points under the dash. I spent $30 on a cheap radio and spent about 10 minutes with some wires, electrical tape and roach clips to set it up. Its way easier than hassling with rechargeable batteries. Next time I bring my radio home I will post a picture.
If you have an older package car with no power points under the dash, look over the bulkhead door. If you have a 3 way switch up there for your light, the middle post on that switch is always hot. Clip your positive wire to that and the negative to any metal surface in the truck. Another method is to find a hot terminal in the fuse box and tap into that. Or, if you drive a hitch car, follow the wire from the trailer brake controller under the dash and onto the firewall where it connects to a circuit breaker that you can hook onto.
Whatever you do, make sure you remember to disconnect everything before you clock off!

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
what's an iPod?...................................................................just kidding..........................it's like 2 steps up from an 8 track- right:wink2:

NO NO NO.....more like a VHS Tape...I think but smaller...lol!

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
oakley thump pros. i take the lenses out and just wear the frames when i am scheduled for preload. i put the lenses back in when my center needs me to drive. a full charge lasts for 8 hours.

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
I bring in a stereo into the preload and plug it in. which i know is a big no no. When we got a new center manager we gave me crap for it. We had about a ten minute agruement about it. I won and we are still bopping to the beats.

old levi's

blank space

Hey rod, Do you remember the 4 tracks that only lasted about 6 months before they were obliterated by the 8 tracks.