Anyone use a speaker for music?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So will these charge your smartphone while plugged in? If so, may need to order 1 of these. My Milwaukee is good, but won't last all day if streaming. Lasts all day with iPod, but I get sick of my iPod playing the same shizz day after day. Whah! Haha.
The sharkk speakers we use have built in rechargeable batteries to power the speaker but not to charge the smartphones. My Note4 streams music all day without needing a charge, but my last phone did need to be recharged in the afternoon and I used a power bank like this:
http://tinyurl.com/od6ut3o

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The sharkk speakers we use have built in rechargeable batteries to power the speaker but not to charge the smartphones. My Note4 streams music all day without needing a charge, but my last phone did need to be recharged in the afternoon and I used a power bank like this:
I use 1 for my Note 2 all day also. Note 5 be out in just 3 months or so, cant freakin wait lol.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Finding a good am/fm radio is like trying to find a VHS players nowadays. They're all bluetooth now... I don't have enough music in my library and pandora eats up all my wireless data allotment.
If you can find a good radio, old school fm radio is the way to go IMO.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Finding a good am/fm radio is like trying to find a VHS players nowadays. They're all bluetooth now... I don't have enough music in my library and pandora eats up all my wireless data allotment.
If you can find a good radio, old school fm radio is the way to go IMO.
Rhapsody 9.99 a month. Download all the tracks at home on wifi on your phone, and keep them on your external sd card so you don't have to burn up all your data all day, keep mine in offline mode and stream all my music all day no data being burned at all.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've been wanting to get a wireless. But then pandora will use all my data.

It doesn't use as much data as you think. My wife and her sister and I are on a Family plan through AT&T with 30GB/month and we don't come anywhere close to using it all and I stream all day 20+ days/month in my UPS truck

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It doesn't use as much data as you think. My wife and her sister and I are on a Family plan through AT&T with 30GB/month and we don't come anywhere close to using it all and I stream all day 20+ days/month in my UPS truck
I share a puny 3GB wireless data with my wife. I'd eat that up pretty quick.
I have comcast at home and they limit me to 300GB a month, $10 for each additional 50 GB. I regularly use 500GB+ each month, it's getting costly. I've been thinking of calling and trying to get a business class account setup as there's no data limit on those. I'm a bit of a pirate... arrrghhh.

My problem with using my own music is it's a distraction to me, I'm just too ADD. If it's my own library I'm always trying to skip to the next song or change playlists or whatever. When it's FM it's just background noise to me. Just personal preference I guess.

I'm cover, and lately with vacations in full swing I'm being put on so many routes blind I can't listen to music at all, gotta keep my head in the game if you know what I mean.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Bluetooth headphones connected to phone, best and easiest way im telling ya lol. So many dudes at my center so out of the loop technology wise its funny as hell lol. They always ask me about my Bluetooth headphones n how I have it hooked up to my phone but once I explain to them the convenience and how easy it is to hookup, they look at me like im talking alien language to them or something lol. Im just like really dude, it it that hard to understand or are you guys just technology retarded lmfao. Im telling ya dude its the easiest n most convenient way to go. You can answer a phone call or make a call with it or just listen or stream stuff from a smart phone. Don't have to worry about missing a call, or turning radio off or turning it down with out your hands coming off the wheel and lets be honest, a customer doesn't want to hear what you are listening to, it could be unprofessional or they take offense to it. I always thought it was unprofessional rolling up to a customer with your music blaring, a customer doesn't want to hear that junk lol.

tapatio75

Bluetooth headphones connected to phone, best and easiest way im telling ya lol. So many dudes at my center so out of the loop technology wise its funny as hell lol. They always ask me about my Bluetooth headphones n how I have it hooked up to my phone but once I explain to them the convenience and how easy it is to hookup, they look at me like im talking alien language to them or something lol. Im just like really dude, it it that hard to understand or are you guys just technology retarded lmfao. Im telling ya dude its the easiest n most convenient way to go. You can answer a phone call or make a call with it or just listen or stream stuff from a smart phone. Don't have to worry about missing a call, or turning radio off or turning it down with out your hands coming off the wheel and lets be honest, a customer doesn't want to hear what you are listening to, it could be unprofessional or they take offense to it. I always thought it was unprofessional rolling up to a customer with your music blaring, a customer doesn't want to hear that junk lol.

I get calls once in a blue moon, and I bring my ipod, so no need to waste my phones battery. And the only ones that listen to my music are the pedestrians that walk behind the pc, and they turn around and enjoy it

BrownArmy

Old school= WORD roll with what works for you exactly dude lol.

I love how you roll, jumpman, but I can't do the 'in my ear' thing.

Sorry, can't do it.

My problem is, I love music TOO MUCH.

That's why I listen to NPR, I get the news, but also I can zone out while the sound is on, because it's just people talking.

If there's music on, I can't zone out - I tune in to the music, and then I lose my place, so to speak.

I save my music for the BROWNARMYMUSICSTATION at my domicile.

Word.