Anyone use a speaker for music?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I love how you roll, jumpman, but I can't do the 'in my ear' thing.

Sorry, can't do it.

My problem is, I love music TOO MUCH.

That's why I listen to NPR, I get the news, but also I can zone out while the sound is on, because it's just people talking.

If there's music on, I can't zone out - I tune in to the music, and then I lose my place, so to speak.

I save my music for the BROWNARMYMUSICSTATION at my domicile.

Word.
Mine don't go in my ear either, I feel ya on that 1, annoying as hell something in your ear unless its a females tongue lmfao. I got the ones that go on your ear, way more comfortable, might look a little strange at first to people but its what works the best for me. Customers have pretty much gotten used to it and actually tell me that its a simple and good idea on how I roll with killing 2 birds with 1 stone with them while still obeying the law with no hands on your phone.

browntroll

Try the Sharkk. That one only has one 4W speaker--Sharkk has 2 5W speakers. This one only had a 2100mah battery--Sharkk is 4500. Only about $20 difference.
would you recommend it for inside the hub also? i want something like this for inside but not sure if the belts are gonna be
too loud. i know a few guys bring huge boomboxes but im not trying to carry anything i dont need specially on days i get moved
to 3 different areas during the shift.

InRythmWithTime

I've gone big, now I'm going home
Fugoo tough. waterproof,you can run over it with a car,take it on the boat, paddle board and kayak,drop it in a fish tank,has a 40 hour battery, sounds pretty damn good, and will run ya about 200

S

selfcancelsignal

Bluetooth headphones connected to phone, best and easiest way im telling ya lol. So many dudes at my center so out of the loop technology wise its funny as hell lol. They always ask me about my Bluetooth headphones n how I have it hooked up to my phone but once I explain to them the convenience and how easy it is to hookup, they look at me like im talking alien language to them or something lol. Im just like really dude, it it that hard to understand or are you guys just technology retarded lmfao. Im telling ya dude its the easiest n most convenient way to go. You can answer a phone call or make a call with it or just listen or stream stuff from a smart phone. Don't have to worry about missing a call, or turning radio off or turning it down with out your hands coming off the wheel and lets be honest, a customer doesn't want to hear what you are listening to, it could be unprofessional or they take offense to it. I always thought it was unprofessional rolling up to a customer with your music blaring, a customer doesn't want to hear that junk lol.
I actually have the exact pair you shared on here awhile back from Amazon $25, & a $60 pair from Philips. Just don't really feel safe with them on while out in the big brown machine. Perhaps if my route were more rural, & I wasn't already driving by certain stops while daydreaming about p-ssy all day. Lmao. I do use them while mowing. Between that & the diesel on my PC, I might be def by 45. Huh? Haha.

Overpaid Union Thug

I uploaded music from iTunes to Play Google and stream it to my Bluetooth neck thingy from my Droid Turbo. I keep my phone in the info notice pocket on the DIAD holder pouch. I do keep a pack of notices in there too but mainly to hold the phone in tight. If it's raining I keep the phone in my truck but don't like to because I either walk out of range or seem to get interference from the truck when walking around it.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
would you recommend it for inside the hub also? i want something like this for inside but not sure if the belts are gonna be
too loud. i know a few guys bring huge boomboxes but im not trying to carry anything i dont need specially on days i get moved
to 3 different areas during the shift.
Yeah, its plenty loud for the hub. Just with any speaker you have to watch out it doesn't get hit by a coworker in the hub. Its small and relatively light but solid, bassy and loud.

oldngray

nowhere special
Mine don't go in my ear either, I feel ya on that 1, annoying as hell something in your ear unless its a females tongue lmfao. I got the ones that go on your ear, way more comfortable, might look a little strange at first to people but its what works the best for me. Customers have pretty much gotten used to it and actually tell me that its a simple and good idea on how I roll with killing 2 birds with 1 stone with them while still obeying the law with no hands on your phone.

On the ear is what I like also. Old fashioned but more comfortable. I can't stand ear buds.

JL 0513

I have a cup holder size speaker and stream talk radio all day from my phone (uses 5 GB a month). With talk, I don't need a big speaker system. Plenty loud enough. Carry a power bank to stay fully charged.

BTW, wearing headphones aren't allowed while driving.

T

Turdferguson

Picture%2B7.png

These babies work awesome.

DOK

Huh? It runs non-stop on my truck from 8:30am till I punch out. As long as you secure it or put it somewhere it won't fall, you're golden. If you pull up in a bad area and you need to go more than 50 feet from the truck put it on the 1000 shelf before you hop out.

I love the shaark, I use it at home though. I use a Sirius boom box on the truck.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I have a cup holder size speaker and stream talk radio all day from my phone (uses 5 GB a month). With talk, I don't need a big speaker system. Plenty loud enough. Carry a power bank to stay fully charged.

BTW, wearing headphones aren't allowed while driving.
Probably all depends on what state your in. Ive driven by many a cops and delivered to cops with them on n a couple asked me about them, and I told them they are bluetooths, no problems and no questions asked.

Probably all depends on what state your in. Ive driven by many a cops and delivered to cops with them on n a couple asked me about them, and I told them they are bluetooths, no problems and no questions asked.
It's not the cops you should worry about. If management sees you with them, you're almost guaranteed a warning letter. And God forbid you have an accident while wearing them. It's just not worth the risk to me.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It's not the cops you should worry about. If management sees you with them, you're almost guaranteed a warning letter. And God forbid you have an accident while wearing them. It's just not worth the risk to me.
I walk around the center with them around my neck before the shift at center and when I walk back in after the shift to turn in my stuff. Ive had my driver supe meet me with a misload with them on, never said a word, nobody ever does. I guess our supes are pretty chill really for the most part. Just have to pick your spots when your going to listen to some music and when not too. Don't be a tightwaad paranoid head man, job aint that dam hard dude to pay attention to whats going on around you at all times, but then again im ADHD as hell, I operate better when I have multiple things going on at 1 time rather than only 1 thing going on at a time since my brain is rolling like a freight train all day long, super concentration mode all day long lol. Lets be honest some people can only do 1 thing at a time, I see these dumb dumbs at work all the time lol.

JL 0513

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's UPS policy. You are now driving hearing inpaired if you are wearing headphones.

During your DOT physical, the doctor stands on the other side of the room and whispers in the other direction and you are expected to repeat what he/she says. Hearing is a relevant part of driving.

browner89

Playing music all day every day over a BT speaker on my sort. Everyone in my area is always requesting songs, probably spend as much time searching for specific songs as I do sorting.