anyone wany to take bets on how much dhl will loose in 2008?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well, they lost almost 900 million last year...is that right? Now with the fuel, and everything else going on in 2008, does anyone think that they can hit the one billion mark??????

rod

Retired 22 years
If Germany is anything like the US 900 million is a drop in the bucket. I just checked it out and the USPS lost 707 million in the 1st quarter of 2008 ending Marck 31. Nine hundred million for the whole year don't seem so bad now

LKLND3380

What would happen to the DHL Teamsters if DHL pulled out of the US?

I know in the Teamster Southern Region Supplemental Agreement under Article 46 Section 4 - Employment Opportunities it reads: The Employer will notify the Local Unions in writing when it anticipates the hiring of additional employees.The Local Unions will be given an opportunity to provide suitable employment applicants, but the Employer shall not be required to hire those referred by the Union.

It pays to be a Teamster... So if you want to quit UPS and work for Yellow Freight, or some other union job reach out to your BA and they can help you with a job outside of UPS...

You will get a withdrwal card and not have to worry about initiation fees in your new location. Once a Teamster - Always a Teamster:smart:

HazMatMan

If Germany is anything like the US 900 million is a drop in the bucket. I just checked it out and the USPS lost 707 million in the 1st quarter of 2008 ending Marck 31. Nine hundred million for the whole year don't seem so bad now
Rod, is that possible? The post office LOST over 700 million in the 1st quarter?

Coldworld

60 months and counting

they keep on telling us that the post office is taking us out???