Anyone Work in the Denver Area?

McFeely

Huge Member
Not sure what station does the stuff further south, but Sterling (STKA) does some of the stuff north of I-70 (Wray, Yuma).

::edit::
I'm guessing that Pueblo (PUBA) does stuff further south, but there might be a domicile station out there somewhere.

vantexan

Burlington or Limon?
There's a domicile opening in Limon. Probably does Burlington and Goodland, KS after meeting courier from Denver(guessing). Don't recall it in JCATS, it's on FedEx.com careers page. If they'd post it with a waiver and I could talk senior mgr into it I'd jump on it. It's 2 payscales higher than here and with October raise I'd be grossing around $110 more a week on 40. And a fairly quick trip to Denver or the Springs on weekends.

vantexan

Not sure what station does the stuff further south, but Sterling (STKA) does some of the stuff north of I-70 (Wray, Yuma).

::edit::
I'm guessing that Pueblo (PUBA) does stuff further south, but there might be a domicile station out there somewhere.
Assuming there's still a domicile in Lamar. Have to be pretty hardy to live out there.

!Retired!

If so do you know which station handles eastern Colorado towards Kansas border?
It use to be BKFA. They got a new building and merged with another station. I'm not sure what their ID is. Could be DENA.
There's a domicile opening in Limon. Probably does Burlington and Goodland, KS after meeting courier from Denver(guessing). Don't recall it in JCATS, it's on FedEx.com careers page. If they'd post it with a waiver and I could talk senior mgr into it I'd jump on it. It's 2 payscales higher than here and with October raise I'd be grossing around $110 more a week on 40. And a fairly quick trip to Denver or the Springs on weekends.
The route does East of Burlington, all the way to the Kansas border. I don't recall if he actually crossed the border though.
That's no mans land for sure
Nope. You go to noman's land and hang a left. THAT's where that route delivers. LOTS of windshield time for sure.

vantexan

you dont like to stay anywhere for too long do you? I feel like you've ran every route that delivers out in the middle of know where on the west side of the country lol
If only I had stuck to domicile rts. This time it's about my wife doesn't want to retire and I need better pay but too old and broke down to work in the big city. If I can't get something similar to Limon soon I'm going to have to quit to pay my bills with 401k money.

FedGT

My family town, Burlington CO. Very unfortunate that all of these small farm towns are essentially dying. Not that the town was ever booming but a combination of land prices, unbelievable farm equipment price hikes, work ethics, etc have lead to an unsustainable/ impossible lifestyle. Love that little town, a shame what has happened

bacha29

My family town, Burlington CO. Very unfortunate that all of these small farm towns are essentially dying. Not that the town was ever booming but a combination of land prices, unbelievable farm equipment price hikes, work ethics, etc have lead to an unsustainable/ impossible lifestyle. Love that little town, a shame what has happened
Similar situation where I live rural Northeast. For decades it was badly overly dependent on the extraction industries,coal,clay, timber nat gas. They are all done for now. At one time it had a good manufacturing base. When they started to leave the powers that be just stood there and waved goodbye . Never did a thing to try to get them to stay. They talk tourism. I sure a lot of people are planning their vacation on going out to look at gas wells, abandoned strip mines and cut over woods. Proves conclusively that a ground contractor is only a successful as the economic strength of the area he serves.

HoffaLives

The Circus is Hiring
Do you ever get a package you just know your not suppose to have and before you know it your in wyoming? And your so pissed off cause your boss told you to take it.