Appearance

MethodsMan

Professionalism has more to do with the manner in which you conduct yourself than if you have a little facial hair.

I still put boxes at the doorstep, not the end of the driveway 2 houses down. I’ll never nose into a driveway. I park on the right side of the road, don’t speed through neighborhood

I look better with facial hair anyways.

This was long overdue.

Non sequitur

Look what happened to management in recent years. They have less authority with just as much expectations. Less money same work, but oh yeah casual Fridays.
Corporate America must think that this is so easy.

Seymour Packages

This company is a shell of what it once was. A toothless union, service in the toilet in the name of numbers, and snotty nosed ORS that were 22.4s a week ago. I took a week off and my customers were complaining of missed pickups and other nonsense. A business on my route literally said "we can tell when you are off, it is a free for all." Diversify your assets and save your money. The day I am eligible to go, I am gone.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
i always thought being clean cut all American boys and girls were the reason UPS grew their business so well. The public has confidence in us . It's almost run like a military outfit. Clean , well run , uniforms , and efficient ( for the most part ).

I see USPS and Fedex drivers looking like they just got of prison. How is that supposed to grow a business?

What's next? get rid of the uniforms? We are losing our brand with more and more contractors pulling our trailers , package using ugly rentals, the peak hires not needing to have the same appearance standards we had and more.

Once appearance doesnt matter, uniforms will be next , then rentals instead of Brown , then on and on while the company continues to whittle away at the union until there is nothing left. In the 5 years I have been retired I come here to the Brown Cafe and read the complaints about what the company gets away with and the Union just ignoring or throwing up their hands. I can see the writing on the wall. In fact a lot of old timers were warning me when I worked there.

The pay and bennies will probably be the last thing to go but it seems like it's going to happen.May take another generation or two. I know several non union truck drivers that are making 50-60k a year working max hours and they are happy to have that.
Our Fed Ex driver clears 600 a week. He has a wife and new born and is starving.

Once the union goes or becomes a non factor ( may be there ) it will be the "Race To The Bottom"

People here may laugh when I say this. It's coming.

You got any pull down at the club
Maybe you could help some of these guys get on at male stripper night when ups goes broke

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
oie_animation.gif

oldupsman

i always thought being clean cut all American boys and girls were the reason UPS grew their business so well. The public has confidence in us . It's almost run like a military outfit. Clean , well run , uniforms , and efficient ( for the most part ).

I see USPS and Fedex drivers looking like they just got of prison. How is that supposed to grow a business?

What's next? get rid of the uniforms? We are losing our brand with more and more contractors pulling our trailers , package using ugly rentals, the peak hires not needing to have the same appearance standards we had and more.

Once appearance doesnt matter, uniforms will be next , then rentals instead of Brown , then on and on while the company continues to whittle away at the union until there is nothing left. In the 5 years I have been retired I come here to the Brown Cafe and read the complaints about what the company gets away with and the Union just ignoring or throwing up their hands. I can see the writing on the wall. In fact a lot of old timers were warning me when I worked there.

The pay and bennies will probably be the last thing to go but it seems like it's going to happen.May take another generation or two. I know several non union truck drivers that are making 50-60k a year working max hours and they are happy to have that.
Our Fed Ex driver clears 600 a week. He has a wife and new born and is starving.

Once the union goes or becomes a non factor ( may be there ) it will be the "Race To The Bottom"

People here may laugh when I say this. It's coming.
I'm not laughing at all. I think everything you said is spot on.

Hot Carl

Always cracks me up how some people think a clean shave and haircut and no visible tattoos is what makes UPS tick. The "S" in UPS stands for service, not shave. We make our money by making our air, business deliveries, and pickups on time. Wanna know how you do that? You can start by getting us out of the :censored2:in building before 9:45, unlike today.

If only I'd shaved this morning.