Appearance

Ghost in the Darkness

I assumed this all came about because of discrimination concerns/complaints/lawsuits for transgender people. Now if we can just get the teamsters and ups to understand that pension security is vital for gender indentity.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1605041772035.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
With so many individuals not knowing whether they are female or male this is touchy subject for employers to enforce.
🧔✊
How do they not know? Has nothing to do with emotions, feelings, brain waves, or desires.

Junk or not? Junk to the left, no junk to the right. Case closed.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Once you roll down this mountain you can't stop it. I expect pony tail-scruffy beard guy momentarily. No boundaries. Expect tattoos to get religious exceptions.
i always thought being clean cut all American boys and girls were the reason UPS grew their business so well. The public has confidence in us . It's almost run like a military outfit. Clean , well run , uniforms , and efficient ( for the most part ).

I see USPS and Fedex drivers looking like they just got of prison. How is that supposed to grow a business?

What's next? get rid of the uniforms? We are losing our brand with more and more contractors pulling our trailers , package using ugly rentals, the peak hires not needing to have the same appearance standards we had and more.

Once appearance doesnt matter, uniforms will be next , then rentals instead of Brown , then on and on while the company continues to whittle away at the union until there is nothing left. In the 5 years I have been retired I come here to the Brown Cafe and read the complaints about what the company gets away with and the Union just ignoring or throwing up their hands. I can see the writing on the wall. In fact a lot of old timers were warning me when I worked there.

The pay and bennies will probably be the last thing to go but it seems like it's going to happen.May take another generation or two. I know several non union truck drivers that are making 50-60k a year working max hours and they are happy to have that.
Our Fed Ex driver clears 600 a week. He has a wife and new born and is starving.

Once the union goes or becomes a non factor ( may be there ) it will be the "Race To The Bottom"

People here may laugh when I say this. It's coming.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
i always thought being clean cut all American boys and girls were the reason UPS grew their business so well. The public has confidence in us . It's almost run like a military outfit. Clean , well run , uniforms , and efficient ( for the most part ).

I see USPS and Fedex drivers looking like they just got of prison. How is that supposed to grow a business?

What's next? get rid of the uniforms? We are losing our brand with more and more contractors pulling our trailers , package using ugly rentals, the peak hires not needing to have the same appearance standards we had and more.

Once appearance doesnt matter, uniforms will be next , then rentals instead of Brown , then on and on while the company continues to whittle away at the union until there is nothing left. In the 5 years I have been retired I come here to the Brown Cafe and read the complaints about what the company gets away with and the Union just ignoring or throwing up their hands. I can see the writing on the wall. In fact a lot of old timers were warning me when I worked there.

The pay and bennies will probably be the last thing to go but it seems like it's going to happen.May take another generation or two. I know several non union truck drivers that are making 50-60k a year working max hours and they are happy to have that.
Our Fed Ex driver clears 600 a week. He has a wife and new born and is starving.

Once the union goes or becomes a non factor ( may be there ) it will be the "Race To The Bottom"

People here may laugh when I say this. It's coming.
It'll go to Bezos for pennies on the dollar