Application help please? Yes I did a search first

gingerkat

Yes I did a search on my specific question (I know how much you guys hate that) and couldn't find anything, so if I've overlooked anything, sorry. I got a response today about being a drivers helper and there is a specific question as to "why I want to work part time". I just wanted to know what you guys think a good answer would be to help me get me that interview. Oh, are there female helpers out there?

gingerkat

Just answer the question, it's not rocket surgery.
Thank you sir/madame for such insight. Clearly I came here asking a simple question because I was looking for help from those that have been through the process. I may not be the smartest, but definitely not the dumbest, but thank you for making me feel like the later.

Since you felt the need to rake me over the coals, riddle me this? Is rocket surgery in the same field as brain science?

gingerkat

No Upstate, I got where he was coming from, because I know that "the truth" should be the answer. It's what he said after that made me feel like a knuckle dragger. I was just looking for some insight and wording that might be helpful. Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Thanks

barnyard

KTM rider
Wah.

You asked the question and got an equally insightful answer.

If you cannot figure out how to answer it without asking an online forum, please withdraw your application.

OptimusPrime

The question is a tad ambiguous. If it asked "Why do you want to work for UPS", that's one thing, but the "part time" makes it another. I assume they are making sure there isn't a time conflict. One would assume that would have been previously sorted out through the application process, but this is UPS. They want people with no strings attached, who can get zero hours one day, and maybe ten the next, and can jump through hoops involving start/finish times, and meeting your driver.

I would put "Would love to meet a man with a stable job, good benefits, but is never around."

wgf46

Lot of smart asses on here. Why not help people with genuine concern when we have the opportunity instead of dumbing them down like the company tries to do its employees. We are human beings, not robots.

Gingerkat, think of the question this way. Why are you wanting the seasonal job? Extra money for the holidays ? Trying to get your foot in the door for part time/full time opportunity?

Good Luck !

gingerkat

The question is a tad ambiguous. If it asked "Why do you want to work for UPS", that's one thing, but the "part time" makes it another. I assume they are making sure there isn't a time conflict. One would assume that would have been previously sorted out through the application process, but this is UPS. They want people with no strings attached, who can get zero hours one day, and maybe ten the next, and can jump through hoops involving start/finish times, and meeting your driver.

I would put "Would love to meet a man with a stable job, good benefits, but is never around."
Thank you so much for answering my question without biting sarcasm such as that other guy, who incidentally "liked" what you said, but he couldn't say it like you did. If anyone came to me with questions in my field that sounded stupid, I wouldn't treat them like an idiot. People ask for because they don't know.

gingerkat

Lot of smart asses on here. Why not help people with genuine concern when we have the opportunity instead of dumbing them down like the company tries to do its employees. We are human beings, not robots.

Gingerkat, think of the question this way. Why are you wanting the seasonal job? Extra money for the holidays ? Trying to get your foot in the door for part time/full time opportunity?

Good Luck !
Thank you as well. I was worried that answering "for extra money" might look bad.

wgf46

Absolutely not, I've done the driver helper before, here's some pointers. Be early to work, 15 minutes ahead at least, things can change at a moments notice. Always put safety first ! Hustle and Work Hard. It doesn't hurt to ask questions and learn all you can. Be as efficient as you can but work safe, did I mention work safe. If your residential, be aware of dogs in the neighborhood. Seat Belt always in the truck ! Good Luck !

Yes I did a search on my specific question (I know how much you guys hate that) and couldn't find anything, so if I've overlooked anything, sorry. I got a response today about being a drivers helper and there is a specific question as to "why I want to work part time". I just wanted to know what you guys think a good answer would be to help me get me that interview. Oh, are there female helpers out there?
Because you strive to learn the art of logistics. Once you are hired you will become a partime puke and go get your degree in logistics so you can micromanage teamsters from a cubicle.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

If you are my helper this year, you will be have to do everything but drive the truck.
You will have to completely enter all data in your DIAD.
I will be happy to stop and show you as many times as necessary.
I will not supervise your deliveries, so go as fast or slow as want.
In the end I see us both making a lot of "extra money".

gingerkat

Since you are in WI I have asked for you as my Helper. Meet me at the Kwik Trip at 11 and be on time.

I waited for you for 1.5 hours off of Hwy 17, before a big brown thing came rumbling my way. As the blond fella assured me that the trunk was the proper place for his "helper", I climbed on in. Only then did I realize that that UPS truck was really a lifted, rusted out 1990ish Lincoln Continental. I just thought that the UPS trucks were rusted out just like the rest of the vehicles in WI.

But thanks man, I spent 2 hours kicking, screaming and prying my way out of Jeffrey Dahmer's cousins trunk. I even painted my cheesehead brown to conform with company rules. Brownmonster, you sir, will not be getting that Nueske bacon gift pack, I had for you.:funny:

Indecisi0n

I waited for you for 1.5 hours off of Hwy 17, before a big brown thing came rumbling my way. As the blond fella assured me that the trunk was the proper place for his "helper", I climbed on in. Only then did I realize that that UPS truck was really a lifted, rusted out 1990ish Lincoln Continental. I just thought that the UPS trucks were rusted out just like the rest of the vehicles in WI.

But thanks man, I spent 2 hours kicking, screaming and prying my way out of Jeffrey Dahmer's cousins trunk. I even painted my cheesehead brown to conform with company rules. Brownmonster, you sir, will not be getting that Nueske bacon gift pack, I had for you.:funny:

Mmmmm bacon.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The bacon gift pac from Nueske's. 704_gourmet_bacon_assortment.jpg
704_gourmet_bacon_assortment.jpg