Possible to be rehired again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeMother

Banned
I used to work for UPS for about 2 years until i had quit sometime this year around March, though i did give my supervisors a 2 weeks notice prior to quitting. That being said, is it even possible to be rehired after leaving UPS? Only reason i left was the fact my wage got lowered by a dollar, and considering the seniority i had, i suspected I'd get a permanent raise, but didn't turn out to be the case. Plus i was being harassed constantly by a specific supervisor. The job got intolerable for a bit, so i left in the hopes of finding a better job, only to not find one after months on end. Tried reapplying later this year and all i got was "At this time, we have decided not to move forward with your application." I tried contacting one of the supervisors i had worked in but i've gotten no response yet.

Is there any hope in coming back now? I know some of you are going to flame me for even leaving a job with such good benefits, but considering i only live 15 minutes away from that jobsite, plus it did help me get in shape, i don't know whether or not I'll ever come back... Plus I'm willing to work 40-50 hours doing back breaking work, more so that I'm currently in debt because of current life events...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Even if i was a girl with a tight 🐱, i don't think that'll better my chances. Plus i miss having to get fat checks whenever i filed grievances on supervisors. Never mind it being such a long process. I regret having to quit now that i can't find a job that doesn't pay chump change :<
They will rehire you unless you’ve been fired for something major.

JoeMother

Banned
Is it really the case though? I tried re-applying many times last month and i've always get this response

I can only assume there isn't any spots open, more so that it's currently peak season and everybody is trying to get that sweet 21-23 dollar hour pay. But who even knows. The fact that i can't even get a supervisor to reply me back makes me feel like my profile picture...

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    268.9 KB · Views: 42

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Is it really the case though? I tried re-applying many times last month and i've always get this response

I can only assume there isn't any spots open, more so that it's currently peak season and everybody is trying to get that sweet 21-23 dollar hour pay. But who even knows. The fact that i can't even get a supervisor to reply me back makes me feel like my profile picture...
Maybe they have fully hired for this peak…I’d seriously check back in march or April. They aren’t expecting this peak to be ground shaking so they probably are holding back to help pay for the richest Teamster contract in world history.

Last edited by a moderator:

nWo

Best thing would be to contact someone that works in the building. If you have any sups number. That online system has decided they don't want or need you.

qdg2

Where else can I work that doesn't require some useless degree and pays up to 20 an hour??
Locally here, Micky D's pays $15 starting......

Many, many jobs pay $20.....just not $40.

Say,
I used to work for UPS for about 2 years until i had quit sometime this year around March, though i did give my supervisors a 2 weeks notice prior to quitting. That being said, is it even possible to be rehired after leaving UPS? Only reason i left was the fact my wage got lowered by a dollar, and considering the seniority i had, i suspected I'd get a permanent raise, but didn't turn out to be the case. Plus i was being harassed constantly by a specific supervisor. The job got intolerable for a bit, so i left in the hopes of finding a better job, only to not find one after months on end. Tried reapplying later this year and all i got was "At this time, we have decided not to move forward with your application." I tried contacting one of the supervisors i had worked in but i've gotten no response yet.

Is there any hope in coming back now? I know some of you are going to flame me for even leaving a job with such good benefits, but considering i only live 15 minutes away from that jobsite, plus it did help me get in shape, i don't know whether or not I'll ever come back... Plus I'm willing to work 40-50 hours doing back breaking work, more so that I'm currently in debt because of current life events...
"Willing to work".....WTF.

And friend.......there will always be some supervisor that doesn't like you or even a Mgr. That's how UPS works. UPS hates thieves and quitters. I saw a few quitters in my time......most came back after a reality check......none were ever rehired. And that was when we had HR. Where you could actually talk with someone....
Maybe. Most likely not(in my experience). It/she/they said they/it/she quit.

Nah
Those were the old days when it was easy to find people. Now no one wants to work.

Besides, he put his two weeks notice in. It's not like he left at break like so many others.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Locally here, Micky D's pays $15 starting......

Many, many jobs pay $20.....just not $40.

Say,

"Willing to work".....WTF.

And friend.......there will always be some supervisor that doesn't like you or even a Mgr. That's how UPS works. UPS hates thieves and quitters. I saw a few quitters in my time......most came back after a reality check......none were ever rehired. And that was when we had HR. Where you could actually talk with someone....

I’ve seen multiple people rehired before…it’s happen…especially in the last dozen or so years. They also had a strict policy of not hiring family here and that antiquated rule is now no more.

Nah
I’ve seen multiple people rehired before…it’s happen…especially in the last dozen or so years. They also had a strict policy of not hiring family here and that antiquated rule is now no more.
Lol... Every place I've ever worked had rampant nepotism.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They had to relax that rule or they wouldn’t be able to find anyone in Kentucky…….

Status
Not open for further replies.