APWA ???

D

derf3733

Is this website for real??

parcelworkers

Is anybody here a member? Do you really think they could take out the Teamsters?

S

scratch_king

This website is for real allright. It has been on Teamsternet for a while and is about a couple of feeder drivers in North Carolina trying to start up a new union to go up against the Teamsters. They must being screwed over by Cental States like I am. I just got thirty years total with UPS but can't get my shrinking pension for ten more years because I'm only fortyseven. Unfortunately I don't think they can get us out of the Teamsters.

S

speeddemon

scratch...it really does blow. I think what you are going to start seeing is alot of UPSers being disabled. I got a buddy of mine whos been out of work now for 4 weeks from a back injury. He has two cracked vertabrae. COMPANY DOC says its from getting on and off the truck so many times. Work till Im 62? I dont think so.

T

trickpony1

I'm surprised the company doc would say something like that.
They usually try to minimize such an injury by calling it "degenerative", meaning it would have occurred anyway irrespective of the rigors of the job.

30andout

This is a great thing I hope is about to happen. What part of the country are you in that you havent heard of this until now?

O

ok2bclever

Outside of this forum most of UPS haven't heard a word about APWA.

I haven't heard the slightest rumor of this outside of here.

I am in Michigan.

B

brett636

Other than noticing the APWA website written on the wall in a bathroom stall I haven't heard much about it. If it weren't for these forums I wouldn't have a clue as to what it is. Not saying I would ever join or support it though.

D

derf3733

Cincinnati here, there has been no mention of the AWPA around here and most guys cant stand our local 100. They're always in trouble for something

N

nospinzone

If you guys havent heard of the APWA in your facilities yet, take the initiative and bring them to your town. This is a true grassroots movement whose best and most effective means of advertisement is by word of mouth through us. Check out what theyre having to say...and then email the two guys running this thing and make it happen in your neck of the woods!!! I visited a small neighboring facility on one of my mornings off and handed out some of the info slips and they were eating this stuff up because it is what needs to be done!!

T

trickpony1

I would like to see the APWA do something because what we have now clearly isn't working. For all the people that think we should be cautious of the two feeder drivers that have started this organization, I have one question.

If they are truly running a scam to line their pockets, as some have suggested, wouldn't you think the authorities would be all over them for fraud or some other illegal activity?

They are either terribly bold and cavalier thinking they can get away with fraudulent activity or they have researched and developed their plan to salvage what is left of the union.

Not an opinion, but just a question I thought I would toss up.

B

brett636

brownmonster- I tend to agree. I am thinking it is some sort of internet scam, considering nobody outside of these forums knows anything about it. Send them money and maybe one day they will be able to represent you.

N

nospinzone

Both of you are making assumptions based on your laziness and lack of motivation to check out this opportunity. Talk to the drivers in the Louisville hub or Knoxville, Nashville, Lexington, Birmingham, or Mobile that have met with the officers personally. Or better yet, do some research for yourselves and invite the officers to your hub so that you can meet them face to face and hear what they have been so diligently working on for the past year and a half. Get the facts straight from the source instead of mumbling amongst yourselves on webboards. They would be thrilled to answer your questions.

O

ok2bclever

"your laziness and lack of motivation", may or may not be true, but you suck as a diplomatic representative of this fledgling group.

With friends like you they don't need enemies.

I'd hang up your self appointed cheerleading because you don't have what it takes.

N

nospinzone

Im just calling a spade a spade. If you would like some sugar coating BS....please contact your local IBT business agent.

30andout

I am a driver in NW Ohio and we had the two feeder drivers come and talk to us they are very real and very sincere. I urge you to contact them soon.

D

derf3733

Another driver in my building said there is a big meeting of the AWPA in Lexington on Oct 30. So if you're close by check it out, I think I will.

O

ok2bclever

nospin,

You offer more proof that you should be the posterboy for worst PR manager of the world.

The IBT would be smart to higher you to pimp for the APWA.

It is certainly not lazy to question a fledgling organization that comes out with grandeous claims of just send us some money now and we will get you a 7000 grand pension and more later.

So it's not calling a spade a spade, it's just name calling.

Besides, you don't get sugarcoating normally from the average IBT business agent, you get ignored.