Archives

T

toonertoo

yes they have been here awhile, but they do need some help on packaging, I might add. Kind of like Quill, interlocking bottoms on 70 pd pkgs dont work as I found out one day when their continuous pc paper blew about 70 ft down the road on a cold windy Ohio day...........

M

muncher

Just seems that in the past month my amount of staples has jumped from about 5 packages a day to about 20

W

wkmac

What's sad IMO is Cup racing now is as much about marketing as it is about driver ability. Had NASCAR been like it is today 30 years ago I'm not sure some of it's greatest drivers would have ever have gotten the chance. "Hansome" Harry Gant might be one good example of that. Harry was a true class gentleman too. Dave Blaney has the skills but just lacks other elements to make him a media star for marketing purposes. He owns Sharon Speedway in Ohio and that keeps him busy but if he doesn't come back to NASCAR I sure hope he makes some of the bigger Sprinter races like Eldora, Knoxville and The Grove. His brother Dale drove Dave's car for a while after Kevin Gobrecht was killed but last I heard of Dale he was driving in the AllStars but that was a couple of years ago.

K

kcd

how has mr. edd and the preload assist been treating you? Better re-load on the 401k , looks like some serious ot lies ahead.

P

parcelboy

I work at UPS and I've been on nonwork-related disability for a couple of months. The insurance company is Broadspire (used to be Kemper.) How do I find out what Broadspire is supposed to be paying me?

P

parcelboy

I'm having a hard time with my doctor. I went to him because I found him in the yellow pages. I want to change doctors. I went to my Local office and they told me they don't have a referral list of doctors. How do I find one who has experience dealing with UPS and their insurance companies? And of course isn't a quack.

P

parcelboy

How do I find out how much Broadspire (Kemper) is supposed to be paying me for short term disability, non-work related?

P

parcelboy

Broadspire (Kemper) denied me my claim for short-term disability non-work-related, and I'm thinking about making an appeal. I don't know if I need a lawyer, it doesn't seem like it's that much money. HOWEVER, me and my family members have been using my health insurance, and as best I can tell the doctors are getting paid. My question: because I was denied by Broadspire, is the health plan going to come back to me for reimbursement for the benefits I used when my disability was denied?

P

parcelboy

I want to change doctors. I went to my Local office and they told me that they don't have a referral list of doctors who treat drivers. How do I find a good doctor who also has experience dealing with UPS and their insurance companies paperwork?

P

parcelboy

How can I find out what kind of benefits I can get if I've been driving for 20 Years?

P

parcelboy

Is California going to come back to me for the disability they've been paying me, since Broadspire (Kemper)says I'm not disabled? My doctor's been filling out all the state claim forms saying I'm disabled. He still says I'm disabled. I gotta get back to work!

T

tieguy

Munchie getting slammed up the but should be on a seperate thread from one about staples.

P

parttimejon

i've been wondering. we have been getting these safety pcm's everynight. whining and crying around about injury's. Now... granted there are very important. But lets take someone like myself and few other guys i know. We've been with ups for 8-10 years and never had an injury. why not reward people like that. then you might not get (as many) the fake injurys like we all see every day.

M

mojobuc

I got a splinter under the nail of one finger and blister's on the rest of the tips of my fingers from unloading feeders. Does that count as a fake injury? Huh?
just kiddin.

I know they have a sign up at the time clock about p/ters gtting a sony walkman and friend/t a cd player or some s.. like that if there are no injuries. I have been there 2 years, and besides the drivers, don't think i seen any p/ters out on injury. I for one, can't afford to miss work, and keep up my upscale lifestyle, the little I have working 2 jobs.}

W

worldwide

Hate to break it to you, but Momentum Logistics is a (minor) competitor of UPS owned by RR Donnelley since March 2003. Can you post any links to the contrary?

R.R. Donnelley Acquires Momentum Logistics
March 6, 2003 -- "R.R. Donnelley (NYSE: DNY) announced today that it has acquired Momentum Logistics, Inc. (MLI) a Florida-based provider of package distribution services in the Southeastern United States, for approximately $17 million. MLI's revenues were approximately $60 million in 2002. 'This investment strengthens our logistics capabilities and supports R.R. Donnelley's strategy to grow high-return businesses,' said William L. Davis, chairman, president and chief executive officer of R.R. Donnelley. 'We continue to expand our suite of services to create additional value for our customers.' MLI operates sortation facilities and a dedicated fleet of vehicles to provide business-to-business and business-to-consumer package distribution services. In the business-to-consumer segment, MLI leverages the United States Postal Service (USPS) for last mile delivery to the home. By reaching over 1,000 local post offices each day, MLI has established itself as the premier delivery service provider in the Southeast. The acquisition gives R.R. Donnelley Logistics direct access to hundreds of local entry points in the USPS network in the Southeast. The investment improves capabilities and enables further growth in package logistics, and improves the efficiency and control of print shipments for R.R. Donnelley's print customers. 'R.R. Donnelley Logistics is positioned well for profitable growth in 2003,' said John Campanelli, president of R.R. Donnelley Logistics. 'This acquisition and the York, PA SuperCenter opening later this year, together enhance our capabilities and improve the service offering we'll deliver to print and package customers.' As part of the R.R. Donnelley Logistics national network, current MLI customers will see improved nationwide delivery service, as well as additional offerings that are economical, reliable and easy to use. These offerings include more predictable delivery schedules to local post offices across the country and end-to-end package tracking, offered in conjunction with the USPS." (Source: R.R. Donnelley/PR Newswire)

G

gman

Keep in mind that there is no middle ground when it comes to the wages you earn in this country. Your are either improving your lifestyle or falling behind. When unions begin to lose the ability to win benefits, things are going to fall to the old ways, and in a hurry. Central states is in a crunch and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Why??? Because they are paying out way more than they are taking in. Bad planning and a bad economy you might say. WRONG! They are paying out more than they are collecting because there are less and less union jobs available. And it is getting worse by the minute. Big business is breaking the unions and one by one we are all going to take a big hit. My retirement just got pushed back another 5 years. I'll have 39 years in before I can go. And if they succeed in wiping out the teamsters, every current retirees pension is gone with it. Talk about an economic shock to this country. And Mr. Greenspan is now advising the Bush Administration to cut social security benefits to current recipients and raise the retirement age radically. I'm sure it's music to his ears. Can you hear that great big sucking sound Ross Perot was talking about a few years ago now???? There go the jobs. Here come the illegals to do whats left. I wonder if we will still have all these people wanting to come here when we no longer have S.S., medicare, welfare, free school, and hot and cold running water???? Thats where this Monopoly game is headed. Who ever owns the most and pays the labor the least WINS!

Now I'm even more worried.