Archives

A

anonymous

Before I start on this board, is there anyway to post so that I see the most recent entries first instead of the first entries written first and than scroll to get to the most recent info ?

A

anonymous

What other boards are filled with rumors? I haven't heard anything on OPL except there is a PRNewswire story today that mentions that OPL just bought shares in another Bermuda co. called Insurance Partners. Just curious on what rumors are floating out there!

U

ups21

The only information I've heard on OPL is that at the Nov. meeting the price will be determined by the following formula.
Current price $19.84 x 1.3 = $25.792
And also a very large rumor that it will be IPO sometime next year.

C

cheryl

"We are also pleased to announce that Overseas Partners, Ltd., in Bermuda,
has acquired the equity shares and warrants which were owned by Insurance
Partners, LP. Overseas Partners, Ltd. (OPL) is one of the world's largest
reinsurance companies with total assets of approximately $5.0 billion and
capital in excess of $2.5 billion. OPL is expected to be a valuable partner
along with XL Capital, as both companies have long-term relationships and
benefit from our Bermudian advantage."

The entire article

A

anonymous

I don't think that management has anything better to do than type on this bulletin board all day. I think that someone needs to contact the UPS Internet Systems Department and close this web site down to Employees on Company time.

L

lp

Whinner....Box bite you today?
1. UPS has nothing to do with this web site, so they can't close.
2. People on during day are retirees or wives.
3. You don't have any stock huh.

C

cheryl

<!-NOTE: Message edited by 'admin'-!>Great response LP...

Anonymous,

I don't work for UPS, my husband does...

This site is not run by, endorsed by, or paid for in any way by UPS. Many of our users are spouses, retirees and potential shareowners.

Maybe you should try posting on the Raging Bull board, I'm going to suggest that they rename it to the "Bash Everyone That Bought Stock Cause I Didn't" board.

A

anonymous

The problem with poeple who work during the day is they forget there are people working at night. UPS is a 24 hour company. Much more goes on at night and many more people work at night than in the day. That is why we are home all day to post.

A

anonymous

OPL Board of Directors meeting held Nov 22-23 with new price and possible dividend declared.

W

wil

Anyone have a clue of the new OPL price?

What will their EPS be without UPS income?

What is a reasonable PE?

N

n.y.

Is there any way to defer the double MIP award for tax purposes?

M

mick

Maybe the good thing about having the double MIP in 1999 is that if you sell at the Tender Offer in 2000 your base income will be lower.

Would that be an advantage?

A

anonymous

When will the IPO actually take place? I've heard that it could be as late as Jan. 2000.

R

ryan

November 10th, the first trade will probably take place in the late morning or early afternoon.

W

windyskies

When will the tender offer be made available to employees? I guess I'm wondering, if we sell 10% of our stock, when can we expect the cash?

K

kip

From what I've heard it will be early in 2000. I haven't seen an official date yet?

S

steve

I had heard that OPL was being sold to another company in the insurance business. As an ex-UPSer I would like to know what others have heard. With the IPO coming out will this expidite the sale of OPL?