Archives

B

biggie

Heard any good ones?

Someone at work told me that there is a big acquisition announcement coming the week before the IPO. It's an Internet related company to add to the Internet presence of UPS.

Expect something big

A

anonymous

What is the latest rumor on the MIP valuation and IPO date and price?

B

bill

The figure I heard was 2.47. It was also said to have been 3.7 before the IRS ruling.

Then someone else said that the IRS ruling had no effect on MIP. 3.7 sounds good to me.

A

anonymous

To good. "Something evil this way comes"...Its OPL that has me worried.

A

anonymous

Cheryl,

You mentioned glitches on the old message board, are they " Gremlins Living In The Computer Housing Every Session"

C

cheryl

>>You mentioned glitches on the old message
>>board, are they " Gremlins Living In The
>>Computer Housing Every Session"

LOL, that sounds like the exact description for the little buggers. They're the nasty little creatures that ate all the posts on the previous board.

M

mr.

There is an operation in Asia that has been of interest to UPS. I haven't heard anything from inside UPS but I know that someone had talked with their management a year or so ago. They have existing air access to the area and would give us a great advantage in the Asian Pacific. The purchase of such a company would be pretty complicated and have lots of strings attached. It would be a tough deal to put together but we could form an alliance of some kind.

U

ups74

I've heard the 2.93 from several sources. I hope it's correct.

U

ups74

I posted the last message at 5:30 central time. The post states 4:30. What's the problem.

C

cheryl

Well my friend, I'm on the west coast. The clock is set to California time.

Sorry for the confusion

Cheryl

F

feral

Biggie,
what are some names that could
be this internet aquisition?
Any clues?

R

ron

You must be kidding if you think this guy has any other motive than to get back at the company that fired him.

A

anonymous

Today, in SF area, I heard 2.9...I'll take the 3.7 though...

A

anonymous

I'm from the East coast with roots in Metro NY. I hear from reliable sources that the IPO will be on the 10th and the MIP will be 2.93. I also would easily take the 3.7 and run!!!!!

B

biggie

If I hear anything I'll let you know. The guy that told me did not tell me that. We will all know soon enough.

N

nitehawk

Your kidding yourself if you think that those tactics aren't really used.

B

buck

Which tactics are you referring to?

There seem to be lots of different strategies invloved here.